- 4 years ago
- Wedding: April 2014
Or maybe a bit more than slightly.
I’m getting married NEXT MONTH and it feels like everything is going wrong!
1. We asked FI’s friend at least 8 months if he would be willing to be the officiant. He’s in ministry school/training (I’m not sure of the official term,) so we figured it would be a good thing. He’ll have to get used to doing it anyways, and I’d rather have a friend marry us than a stranger. He lives a few hours away, so we said we’d pay for his gas and a hotel room if he doesnt want to stay with his parents. He immediately agreed and said he was excited.
Flash forward to about 2 weeks ago and he randomly texts my Fiance and says he doesnt know if he’ll be able to get off work. Less than 2 months before the wedding. But then he says “I dont know for sure if I wont be able to, so dont go out and hire anyone else yet please.” WHAT?! You realize you’ve left us with less than 2 months to go, and you dont want us to try to find anyone else on the off chance that you might be able to come? No!
I’m thinking we might just get it official at the courthouse and then have an unlicensed friend fake marry us. Is that weird? Oh well.
2. I bought my flower girls dress a couple months ago. She was a size 7, but I figured she’d grow a little, so I got her a size 8. Her mom is bringing her over tomorrow to try her dress on, and her mom just casually tells me “well she’s gained some weight and is in a 10 now, so it probably wont fit.” Excuse me?! You couldnt have let me know a little earlier that she’s gained weight, instead of leaving it till a month before to let me know that she’ll most likely need a new dress?!
3. I have this sinking feeling that nobody is going to show up. We only invited about 75 people, but I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that maybe 30 people will be there. Even people that have been telling me for months that they cant wait to go and they’re so excited are now saying that they dont think they’ll be there.
4. One of my BMs keeps gaining weight, so she now has 2 dresses that dont fit her. Another dress is on its way now, and now I’m just praying that it fits her. I dont want to seem like I’m mad at her for gaining weight, its just so frustrating! 1.5 months to go and we still dont know for sure if her dress will even fit!
5. My grandmother is insane. She’s always been crazy and on drugs, but she recently did something unforgivable. She first accused my brother and my aunt of sleeping together, and then she told my brother that I told her that he raped me all through our childhood, and that my parents knew about it but didnt stop it. Of course this is completely untrue. All of our family is pissed at her now, and I’ve uninvited her to the wedding, but now she’s claiming she’s going to show up and stop it. She’s just crazy enough to do it, too. Thankfully the venue is walking distance to a police station.
UGH UGH UGH. I’m so stressed. Can you tell I’m stressed? I kind of really wish we had just eloped.