(Closed) Parents gave us $5000 to spend on a honeymoon. Where should we go?!

posted 4 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 31
1493 posts
Bumble bee

Another vote for Anguilla!  It’s my favorite place in the world and so romantic. Stay at the viceroy hotel. beautiful beaches so empty and private you can make love on and no one will even catch you! If not Anguilla go somewhere no one has even heard of. Leave the continent and go far and very exotic. It’s your honeymoon!!

Post # 32
1273 posts
Bumble bee

Huh… did they up the timing on passports? Last time I got one was 2008, only took our family a month. As for in-states vacations, Hawaii sounds like a winner. If you’re a Costco member they have some really great deals on trips. 😉

Post # 33
2447 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

nurseybee:  $5K would get you about 2 nights stay in Bora Bora. In low season.

Post # 34
1338 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

atlbride2013:  +1 I was very confused by why that was suggested myself.  

Post # 35
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Splurge in the USA or go abroad.  Find an all-inclusive resort & check Groupon for some trips/hotels.  FI & I always find great deals when we travel & haven’t had any complaints

Post # 36
2098 posts
Buzzing bee

jennayhoang:  one NEVER GOES WRONG with Hawaii. Hawaii is magic! When I leave all I can think of is when can I go back? 

Post # 37
5155 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I would definitely expedite a passport. We went to Aruba on 5K and it was AMAZING.

Post # 38
9534 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

If you want tropics, roadtrip and in the US then the Florida Keys could be fun. Depending on the weather. You can easily toss in Disneyworld while you’re there

Post # 39
2447 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

lim3:  I think she just didn’t realize how expensive Bora is. We honeymooned there and our hotel didn’t even list prices for things like food haha.

Post # 40
5365 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2016

atlbride2013:  exactly….you could spend 5k in food. 

Post # 41
339 posts
Helper bee

jennayhoang:   if you can rush the p as sport process I’d suggest it as you can do any of the places in the country later on as well

If you have 2 weeks I highly suggest the following countries:

– Vietnam.  It’s so cheap you’ll need 10$a day to eat and drink like kings and so much to see and do.  We went for 8 days round-trip and hotel 4 stars included for 1350 $. just to give you an idea you get you’re hair washed with a 30min head massage aND styled /blow dried and it’s 1.50$

– I’m  not a fan of Europe but have to say nothing beats a few days in Paris aND then the rest in Portugal. Lisbon is amazing  

Montreal is a nice option to if don’t want to fly. Especially June. If you are looking for stuff to do then let me know. 

– If you absolutely can’t go outside of the country Hawaii or Alaska are great coold options. 

We have 3 weeks off and we are going to japan for 8 days then Thailand for few days and then Sri lanka. I realize not everyone is up for the kind of travelling we do but the way I see it is get this outeam of the way wh I’ll le we have no kids and somewhat free to take long trips 

Post # 42
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

US Virgin Islands.  No passport needed.  🙂

One of the most gorgeous islands (St. Lucia is the best, but you will need a passport). 

IF you want ideas for overseas travel (you can get expedited passports) – I have been to 35 countries in the past 15 years.  Here are my favorites: 

1. Belgium (Brussles)

2. Argentina (Mar del Plata)

3. New Zealand (anywhere)

4. Australia (anywhere)

5. St. Lucia

6. St. Kitts

7. The Netherlands (Noordwijk)

8. St. Martin

9. Ireland (anywhere)

10. Riveria Maya, Mexico (The Royal Hideaway)

Antigua, Dominican Republic, and Paris (other parts of France are nice, Paris sucked) are all over rated in my opinion.  I have been to Hawaii 3x’s and stayed 3 weeks each time….believe it or not…not a huge fan.  I would go to Big Sur (Monterey), CA or the Florida Keys before I would go to Hawaii again.  I was just in Big Sur for my 57th marathon and it was one of the most spectacular places I have ever seen.  

No matter where you guys go – you will have fun.  It’s not where you go – it is who you go with.  🙂

Post # 43
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Sticking stateside you have a few options. For beaches the California coast is incredible and Hawaii is amazing too. For culture there’s New York. If you want a bunch of different experiences, the road trip idea is a great one and you can’t beat the always classic Route 66. Expedited passports are not too hard though.

Post # 44
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

We just booked our honeymoon for Maui and got our hotel (7 nights), flights (from Midwest), and rental car for $3800. So Hawaii is doable for less than 5k but food and activities will probably push you over your budget. Not sure if that has to include everything or just hotel and airfare. We are more excited for the honeymoon than the wedding! 

Post # 45
1125 posts
Bumble bee

Cruise! To Alaska or Caribbean? 

Lake Tahoe at a cabin

Hawaii 

South Carolina (I hear it’s beautiful!) or any coastal town on the east coast (Maine?)

New York or San Francisco/Napa if you like the city!

The topic ‘Parents gave us $5000 to spend on a honeymoon. Where should we go?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors