(Closed) Parents gave us $5000 to spend on a honeymoon. Where should we go?!

posted 4 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 46
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

Thailand…plane tickets cost a decent amount but once you’re there – dirt cheap!!!!

Post # 47
9606 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

Personally, I’d go to a very nice all inclusive for two weeks.  (Live Aqua in Cancun is faaaabulous).  But I definitely want a lie-in-the-sun honeymoon.

I don’t hold an American passport, so I don’t know how long it takes… but I know my Canadian passport took a month, and my Spanish passport took a month.. (Both of which I did the paperwork from, and had sent to me here, in the states.)  So it stands to reason that you can get an American passport in a month.

Post # 48
730 posts
Busy bee

Honestly, that’s an awesome budget. I’d go as far away as you possibly can — do some research and see if you can expedite your passports! Sounds like you haven’t been out of the country before, and what better excuse? Greece, Italy, France… have an adventure! I think you have a good shot with the passports, but if it doesn’t work out I would try to swing alaska and hawaii.

The topic ‘Parents gave us $5000 to spend on a honeymoon. Where should we go?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors