(Closed) ?? Paying 1,000.00 ??

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
1962 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Yay! I’m happy that all of your bills are coming in at less than you expected. Those insurance papers would have had me panicking.

Post # 5
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I had my tonsils out.  Ugh.  Hope you are doing well.  Best thing I ever did, but OW.

Good job!  Now spend the rest of that $1000 in your flex account because if you don’t use it, you lose it…so to speak.

Post # 6
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m glad it’s not as bad as you thought.  I have had good experiences and bad experiences with insurance.  With one surgery I had back in 2008, I ended up having to pay basically all $4k out of pocket for the surgery because the insurance had a $2k in network deductible and a $5k out of network deductible and the doctor was in network but the hosiptal was not.  On my last surgery about 2 years ago, I only paid $150 out of pocket.

And I love love love my FSA account.  We just spent all the money in it for this year though because of some unexpected expenses.

Post # 8
2442 posts
Buzzing bee

That’s great.  Medical bills can be so overinflated.

Post # 10
963 posts
Busy bee

@Earlybride: That was my experience too.  I made sure to drink lots of water even though it hurt like hell.  I had a little mini fantasy of getting an IV and having the demerol that I had in the hospital.  I had to do it without painkillers since I can’t take vicodin or codeine for more than a day without getting sick.  I had sinus surgery at the same time and that made me a mouth breather – drinking water hurt!

I’m glad everything is working out for you!

Post # 11
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Oh good, thats always awesome news!

The topic ‘?? Paying 1,000.00 ??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors