(Closed) PCOS & accidentally pregnant, what now?!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

First off – Congratulations!

Secondly – It is perfectly normal to be a bit scared and nervous about the prospect of becoming parents – even if you were TTC!  So I’m sure the surprise doesn’t help matters any.

Miscarriages are certainly awful but try not to stress yourself out about it too much.  Stress isn’t good for mama or baby.  I’ll send sticky baby dust your way!

Post # 4
1426 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t have any personal experience or advice, but I will tell you that a cousin of mine also has PCOS and just gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl this week!  There is risks, but there is also hope!  Sending you well wishes!

Post # 5
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congratulations! I also know a couple of women with PCOS that have beautiful, healthy babies! Best of wishes to you 🙂

Post # 6
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Congratulations and I’m very glad to hear you have such a supportive partner!

It’s okay to be scared. Before TTC I was told that I would not be able to get pregnant and would need to start fertility treatments. Well after I made my appointment for the RE, surprise I am due in October. Darling Husband and I really wanted this baby but in my head I thought it would take a while and give me some time to adjust.

Take some time to panick and talk it out with your SO. It’s a life changing event. But the great news is you have a partner right by your side and in the end it will be a wonderful and beautiful thing.

In regards to miscarriage, just to take each day as it comes. I still worry about this but there isn’t anything you can do to stop it from happening if it will so worry isn’t going to help. And enjoy every day as being pregnant because in that moment that is what you are. Wish you the best for a healthy and happy nine months.

Post # 7
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Congrats! I have severe PCOS…and THREE beautiful healthy children. I got pregnant if you looked at me sideways (tubes tied after the 3rd). I know many women with PCOS who have had trouble free pregnancies.

Post # 8
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

First, Congratulations!

Second, I’m pregnant and due in July and I also have PCOS. I had to take two rounds of clomid, but so far I’ve had a very healthy and normal pregnancy. The statistics scared the crap out of me too, but try not to stress too much. Take one day at a time.

Post # 10
7694 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@ms.jellen:  I can’t say anything more than the other women have, just relax and enjoy. Wishing you all the best!

Post # 11
210 posts
Helper bee

@ms.jellen:  Congrats!

I have PCOS too and I’m 10 weeks pregnant at the moment after having acupuncture to regulate my cycle. I agree with @JewishBride, so far I’m having a very normal pregnancy. My nausea and sickness has been awful and I’ve had all the symptoms going. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to worry, you have every chance that this will be a normal, healthy pregnancy.

Post # 12
5572 posts
Bee Keeper

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I also have PCOS and I had no problems getting pregnant, I did however have 2 MCs before my current pregnancy due to my PCOS and, specifically, low progesterone. Not everyone with PCOS has progesterone issues but I’d definitely recommend at least checking in with your doctor and letting them know that you’re pregnant so they can make sure that everything is progressing as it should be 🙂

Post # 13
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Congrats dollface! You have a miracle baby here! You are in good hands on these boards with so many women who have had little bundles with PCOS AND trust me when i say we all get a little scared when we find out we are pregnant. I know that you will rise to the occasion and i am sending you buckets of sticky baby dust. 

Post # 14
808 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have PCOS and I just had a healthy baby girl 3 months ago!  No complications during pregnancy and besides a long labor- everything was great!  My ob had also told me the previous year that most likely it was going to be very difficult for me to get pregnant.  I was pregnant on the first “kind of” try (we were waiting until the wedding, but had an “encounter” 3 weeks before the wedding and surprise!  Found out we were pregnant 6 days after we were married!)

Good luck!

Post # 15
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Well, firstly congrats!

My mum had severe PCOS, and at 16 years old had to have an ovary and tube removed because the cysts on that ovary were the size of grapefruits and causing her severe pain. She then went on the pill to try and combat some of the symptoms and make her more regular, although she says herself it did very little help. 

To cut a long story short, she had 6 children. All of us healthy, with uncomplicated pregnancies. And in fact she was on the pill when she conceived every single one of us.

The best thing you can do is talk to your partner and to your doctor. If you are a high risk pregnancy you will be closely monitored for you and your babies health. Other then that, good luck! I’m sure it’ll work out in the end, it’s best to stay positive and good things will follow. 

Post # 16
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Congratulations!!! I also have PCOS and I know what you mean about having two periods a month!  Might I suggest that you go in and see your doctor about your progesterone levels?  They can supplement them in case they’re low.  Low progesterone can sometimes cause miscarriage.  No need to worry right now but if you see your doctor soon, you should be in good shape! Good luck!

The topic ‘PCOS & accidentally pregnant, what now?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors