(Closed) PCOS & accidentally pregnant, what now?!

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

ive been struggling for a few months to get pregnant and have awful pcos – thank you bees for the positive insight and stories of getting pregnant!

what a blessing! good luck to you and your SO. its all okay and natural to be afraid. everything will turn out okay! good luck to you!

Post # 18
7605 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@ms.jellen:  Congratulations and I’m wishing you the very best of luck with your pregnancy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
9024 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Conrgats and good luck with everything

Post # 20
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

First of all, congratulations! Second of all, it’s important to remember that PCOS is a syndrome, which means it’s basically a collection of interrelated issues. Not everyone with the PCOS diagnosis has the same set of symptoms. I’ve got PCOS based mainly on a diagnosis of elevated TSH, hair where I don’t want hair to be, and difficulty losing weight, which accumulates particularly around my abdomen. BUT — my period’s been regular since I was young, and I’ve never had the weird cycle and pain issues that some women with PCOS have. So — despite your weird cycle, it’s obvious that you were able to get pregnant, and it’s entirely possible that you will be able to carry a healthy child to term. Definitely go see your docs ASAP to make sure you’re doing everything you need to — but I would keep thinking happy thoughts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
@Running Elley:  I was going to say this!

My doc said I wouldn’t have issues GETTING pregnant….I might have issues–you know. So, please make sure your doctor watches you and baby like a hawk to make sure everything progresses as it should:) Good luck & Congratulations!!

Post # 22
869 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Since you have this condition you will probably be considered a high risk pregnancy so you will see your doctor a lot more often and possibly get a lot more ultrasounds to make sure everything goes well. I have a freidn who has had about 10 miscarriages because of something like that and it was always before week 5 but she is now 13 weeks along and doing very well. I know nothing I can say will stop you from being worried but, though there is a high chance of something going wrong, there is still a chance that everything will be fine. I say talk to your doctor ASAP and get things going. You might need a hormone suppliment or some special meds to make sure things go well but you can still have a healthy pregnancy. Someone my dad went to church with was told she would never have children and she got pregnant but they told her it would be better for her to abort the pregnancy because if she went through with it either she, the child, or both would die and she kept the baby. She and her daughter (who is now in her 20’s) are healthy and happy. There is always a chance.

Post # 23
3695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Congratulations!  Take good care of yourself and your growing family!

Tell someone.  Your mother?  Best friend?  It’s very smart to keep it to yourself for now, but think about who you’ll want support from it the worst happens and tell them now.  You’ll be happy to be able to complain about morning sickness and cravings.  People hate keeping happy secrets, but they’ll be thrilled to do it for you when it’s someone who loves you. 

Post # 24
3450 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@ms.jellen:  Congrats to you!

I have PCOS as well.  I’ve gotten pregnant 4 times. ๐Ÿ™‚

Everyone is different.  Give your doctor a call.  Good luck!

Post # 25
400 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations! I am thrilled to hear that PCOS did not prevent you from becoming pregnant. It gives me hope as I have it as well..!  Good luck with everything!

Post # 26
1550 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@ms.jellen:  I was in a similar situation. My DH and I had only been married for five months. We knew we wanted kids one day, but we weren’t hoping to get pregnant for at least a year, proabably two. I have endomitriosis, and was told by my doctor that getting pregnant would be a long, hard road for us. After being on birth control for seven years, I got off of it just to see how my body would react. Well, less than 8 weeks after getting off the pill I was pregnant and completely shocked. We thought it was going to be hard!

It wasn’t good timing for us either. I was in school full time and had just gotten a promotion at work. I was sooooo busy. My hubby didn’t feel “prepared” because he wanted time to finish the backyard, put more in savings, etc.

However, abortion was not an option for us so we just kind of sucked it up and knew that in the long run, a baby is a miracle no matter what. Especially with my condition, we figured it was better now than never. What if we would have waited a couple years and by then I may have lost my chance to concieve?

Anyways, I am 36 weeks pregnant now and both DH and I are ecstatic for our baby’s arrival. It has totally changed our perspective on life, in a good way. We have learned that you can never really be “ready” for a baby. All a baby needs is love, food, and a warm roof over its head… we learned that waiting wasn’t going to give us any huge benefits.

I guess my advice for you is that you need to see this as a blesssing–maybe it’s a miracle. Who knows if you could have gottten pregnant later on down the road? Once you get used to the idea you will begin to get more and more excited. Especially once you see that little one’s picture on an ultrasound screen! Good luck… PM me if you ever need support or have questions.

Post # 27
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@ms.jellen:  I was also diagnosed with PCOS and the dr told me that I would most likely never be able to get pregnant and if i did, I would miscarry early on.  I am on 5 months pregnant and so far have had a very easy pregnancy!  I also did acupuncture and chinese herbs for the first 13 weeks to try and prevent miscarriage and help my baby grow and it seemed to work really well.  

Just keep thinking positively and have a healthy and happy 9 months!  Congrats!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘PCOS & accidentally pregnant, what now?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors