(Closed) PCOS & diet

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

It can be a side effect of PCOS, but generally it’s just its own issue. I also have PCOS and we are basically the same age and situation (not TTC yet). I have found that traditional diet and excercise just doesn’t cut it, so I think you may see more results with P90X. Fiance and I are thinking about getting it, but not until this summer when we can actually dedicate ourselves to it. I carry my extra weight mostly in my stomach area, which I’ve heard is common with PCOS. If you ever want to talk about anything, I’m here. You can PM me or whatnot.

Which medication are you on? I am just on BCP’s to regulate my period and to (supposedly) slow down any cyst growth.

Post # 5
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yeah the hair thing honestly freaks me out as well. Please no, not my favorite feature! So far, so good though and I’ve been diagnosed for over a year. I agree with you about the fertility issues. I know that if it came down to it, I would adopt. My sister was adopted and so were both of my parents, but my mom also had PCOS and had my brothers and myself just fine. 🙂 So that gives me hope.

I can imagine that being very frustrating. I, on the other hand, am not terribly in-shape because of HOW I carry my weight. :/ Ugh. My grandmother (who is teeny tiny) has diabetes and is in awesome shape, always has been. I think that must be a somewhat genetic thing, though I am very far from being sure about that.

The topic ‘PCOS & diet’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors