A Few Months

Almost 1 Year

2 - 4 Years

5 + Years

• Post # 2
    225 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

I needed letrozole and a trigger shot. I tried mucinex, pressed, and all sorts of supplements. I also did 4 or 5 cycles of clomid with no luck. 

Post # 4
    1525 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

It took me 6 months. I didn’t ovulate the first 5 but I got pregnant once I was able to ovulate! My body regulated a LOT after that birth and this current pregnancy took on the first attempt (a freaking miracle!).

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by hafh2016.
    Post # 5
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    @_JustArielleant:  Hi! Just to give you all some positive stories, as I loved reading them when we were trying.

For our first son it took us 18 months, we started trying when we were both 30. I honestly tought it was never going to happen, I almost kost all hope. The second baby was our surprise baby, 6 months post partum, first “try”. We are currently expecting our 3rd baby, it took us 2 months.

With my first, I had a lot of cysts, irregular periods and my LH and FSH levels were reversed, I had so called “skinny” PCOS. After 1 year ttc, I started tracking my basal temp, and I noticed I was not ovulating at all (I had irregular periods, but no ovulation). Then I had my TSH level checked and it was 4 (I had just quit a really stresfull job with looong working hours) so I was given Euthyrox (Europe), as they want it around 2 ideally. After 6 months additional ttc, I had my first ovulation, and that was my baby😊. Once the first baby was here, I stopped with Euthyrox (they were still monitoring my TSH levels regularily). For my third, I started running regularily 9 months before (because of Covid😂), so maybe that helped, when I went to my manual checkup they actially told me there were no more cysts😊.

My sister also has PCOS, but with high testosterone, it took herr around 6-9 months for both kids.

Good luck ladies, there is hope!

Post # 8
    4296 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
    @_JustArielleant:  I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early twenties as well! It took DH and I four and a half years to get pregnant with our sticky baby! 

I suffered three miscarriages in 2019. What finally worked for us was that I went low carb. I did a ton of research into PCOS and carbs and decided to trim my carb intake considerably. Within a week of doing so, I got my period for the first time in a year. And then I got a period every month like clockwork. I stayed low carb through the first trimester and it worked! We had our daughter in January. Once we are ready for baby #2 (think we are going to try when our daughter is about a year old), I will go low carb again. 

Post # 9
    2834 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @_JustArielleant:  I have PCOS. I was diagnosed in my early twenties after years of suffering with the extra hair growth in unwanted places, cystic acne, struggling to lose weight (I was not overweight but not happy with my weight either), irregular periods, and extreme period pain and symptoms. I was put on Metformin. We TTC when I was 29.  It took us two cycles to conceive our baby girl. I got tested to make sure my progesterone was good when we got a BFP, because I’ve read that can contribute to miscarriages for PCOS women. My levels were fine though. 

• This reply was modified 4 days, 10 hours ago by knotyet.
    Post # 12
    1089 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2019

I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager, and I have pretty much every symptom of it that you can imagine (which absolutely sucks, let me tell you 😂)

It took my husband and I exactly 18 months to conceive (currently 23 and a half weeks pregnant with our first!). We found out I wasn’t ovulating, so my doctor referred me to a Reproductive Encodcrinilogust who put me on Letrozole after one year of trying. It took 6 cycles of Letrozole before I finally got pregnant (I ovulated 5 out of the 6 times, but they did gradually up my dose and it was my second cycle on 7.5mg that finally did it!) 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors