(Closed) Peacock Wedding theme!! June 2012 wedding

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am also planning a peacock themed wedding (Aug 2012). I have found that the best place to buy peacock feathers is ebay. I got 200 tail feathers for $50.

Post # 4
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

hello! I, on the other hand have been googling for places to get the cheapest vases, peacock feathers & swords, deco beads mostly. but……this is not for a wedding. i hope thats ok to be on this forum even if its not for a wedding, lol! i found this forum as i googled “cheapest place to get vases” and someone suggested this blog….anyhow…the party is in MARCH 2012. it is for my daughter’s SWEET 16th birthday! and her room was already in the colors purple, turquoise and apple green. so then i though what we can do to incorporate them colors. thinking of only flowers then came across the peacock. hello…booyah, lol! so ya..hope u dont mind i follow this thread, is that ok? i will also post up my ideas to share with u all! i wish i thought of this peacock on my wedding, lol..so i teased my daughter and said….we gonna keep all these stuff and be sure “your” wedding is peacock theme as well so we dont spend no more, lmao! yeah right…hope thats like many years from now. them feathers will probably wilt…thanks again ladies, take care…oh @tunafish…dont mind if i ask who u purchased the feathers from?

OH FORGOT TO MENTION, I AM FROM GUAM…so i found that on Ebay, some wont ship to me as they consider it INTERNATIONAL, but in fact, i’m still considered DOMESTIC zone 8 when it comes down to s/h…

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

The seller from ebay was 2010goodbuy4you. I also bought 50 sword feathers for just under $15. Hopefully this helps, although I’m not sure if they ship to guam.

Our wedding colors are dark teal, a bright blue/turquoise and lime green (my fiance had to have the lime green lol) when I started to do research for those colors I kept coming up with peacock feathers.

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

awwwwww…they dont ship to me…let alone, they dont have feathers/swords no more, only the ones cut for clips/earrings…that was a sweet deal…thanks for sharing!

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hello Bees! I too had a peacock wedding, before it became the rage…and I designed every aspect of my wedding….First off the colors were Sangria and Navy for the bridesmaids and the maid of honor wore teal..the groomsmen matched to there bridesmaid. I wore Ivory…and the whole thing had gold undertones it was VERY lavish. Lots of beading, and jewels. I made our own centerpieces (very tricky they were feather trees made of peacock feathers with gold and rhinestone accents and in glass vases with colorchange lights and colored gemstones. Each was wrapped with a navy ribbon and had a teal ribbon with rhinestone beads hanging from it) , table numbers, etc eveything. I did a candy buffet to match the colors and a gold and pearl wish tree with diamond accents. Our save the dates and invites also matched the theme as did our cake….we have little table laterns all over the venue in same colors and also glass bowls with bettas surrounded by a wreath of feathers.. there was table scatter of teal and crystal on all the tables including cake table, and I handmade votives with the holders wrapped in lace and rhinestones with a thin strip of the colors going around it, and also had matchbooks with a peacock on them on the tables. We had a peacock feather at each place setting (also in each invite) and they were strewn all around the room…our favors were etched stemless wine glasses with a peacock and our wedding info with a little card telling them to fill um up at the candy buffet…and our card cage was an actual birdcage sprayed gold an adorned with ivory roses with a realistic peacock sitting on top….it was quite over the top…even the church was peacocked out….I made lush ivory pewbows with gold bows inside, and they had Ivory toned orchids and peacock feathers in each…If It was legal to rent them in NY i would have (peacocks i mean) I hope this helped…let me know if you would like pics….Also for longer feathers I HIGHLY recommend Save on Crafts….for smaller ones (which are really nice, and i think 6-12″) Oriental trading is the way to go….I had over 600 feathers for mine, and i paid about half of what alot of other places wanted

Post # 12
9 posts
Newbee
Post # 14
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

Im also doing a peacock theme..our colors are plum and Teal. I found a TON of stuff on Amazon, seriously a lot! try them out first, oh and Michaels! hers a pic of the box we found at michaels that we turned into our card box

Post # 15
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Search on etsy. I’m doing peacock too and being an etsy supporter. Lots of cute stuff  

Post # 16
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

The topic ‘Peacock Wedding theme!! June 2012 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors