(Closed) Pear shaped & hourglass brides – lets see real pics of your dress!

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 107
2076 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

I’m definitely a pear shape. I used to be made fun of in school as a kid for having a big butt, lol!

I went with a tea-length A-line dress. The dress in this picture is lacking a slip/petticoat to make it flouncier!

Post # 108
996 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think I’m a pear shape. I am heavier in this picture than I normally am (who buys their dress right before finals week and during ‘that time’? not smart!) but I love it!

I chose an A-line. I do have to get it altered in the back though. My chest is a little too big for it (I bought it used) so the back won’t zip up all the way.

Post # 109
3370 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@dearlydevoted:  Thank you! I’m hoping to lose 20 pounds by the wedding, haha. It’s by Carolina Herrera. 

Post # 110
3370 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@futuremrsslp:  I love the train of your dress, it’s beautiful. Are you keeping the straps or altering it to strapless? I think it would look gorgeous with a sweetheart neckline.

Post # 111
996 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@peonyinparis:  Thank you! I am going to keep the straps because I really don’t like strapless on me. But I have thought about a sweetheart neckline!

The topic ‘Pear shaped & hourglass brides – lets see real pics of your dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors