(Closed) Pennsylvania Brides! Share your 2010 & 2011 PA Weddings!

posted 11 years ago in Central Pennsylvania
Post # 17
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@stephinPA: I am getting married in Phoenixvlle also (at The Phoenixville Foundry)

Did you pick a place for a rehearsal dinner yet? I honestly don’t know anything other than Iron Hill and Molly’s. Any recommendations?

View original reply
@flamingred: I love your table numbers! Did you do them yourself or get them somewhere?

Post # 18
1495 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

@Miss Horseshoe: My FI’s family lives in Ephrata!  It’s a gorgeous place for an outside wedding!

View original reply
@April_Fools_Bride:  I went to a wedding this summer that was at Cork Factory!  It is my absolute DREAM venue… but we are on such a tiny budget that we can’t use it. 🙁  But it’s spectacular…

Just to give you a heads up though, several guests at that wedding I went to, weren’t sure where the actual entrance was and got a little lost.  Are you having them come in through the porch area and park in that parking lot?  That’s what most people did but some (umm… like Fiance and me haha… oops) were confused and went the whole way through the hotel from another parking lot.  It all worked out, and we felt REALLY silly when we realized it, but just so you know. 🙂

Post # 19
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I grew up just outside of Quakertown (309 – abt an hour north of Philly) and when my mom remarried, she rented out the Lakeside Inn at Lake Nockamixon. It was so extravagant! The grounds were beautiful to begin with, and the rooms and amenities were sleek and modern. They organized the shuttles and parking. The food was great and the service was excellent – they really bent over backward for anything my family needed (my fiance’s grandmother passed away on the drive back up north, and they helped me re-arrange my flights and deal with the airline). My mom lives in Chalfont and used a bridal shop that was near some really good bakery across from a church parking lot (ha! wish I could remember!) but they were really good, too. We’re going back there for Christmas to get her mother-of-the-bride outfit for my wedding. 

Post # 20
43 posts
Newbee

@piglet_625: omg we just went to a wedding at the Foundry this past weekend – it is AMAZING! You are so lucky! And I’m not sure what the catering situation there is, but the food was INCREDIBLE. Mini cheesesteaks during happy hour? Fantastic!

Post # 21
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hey Ladies I ama PA Bride, south of Pittsbugh. We are having the ceromony at our church and our reception is in Scottdal,PA at West Overton. The reception is in a huge old born. We are having the caterer grill. Here are a few of my inspiration pics. the Wedding is 10-15-2011.

If I can help any local brides just let me know. Cangrats to all~~!!!

Post # 22
196 posts
Blushing bee

Hey Ladies I ama PA Bride, south of Pittsbugh. We are having the ceromony at our church and our reception is in Scottdal,PA at West Overton. The reception is in a huge old born. We are having the caterer grill. Here are a few of my inspiration pics. the Wedding is 10-15-2011.

If I can help any local brides just let me know. Cangrats to all~~!!!

[attachment=1430582,181563] [attachment=1430582,181564]

Post # 23
196 posts
Blushing bee

more

[attachment=1430599,181565]

Post # 24
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Our wedding was in August 2009. We got married in one of the beautiful gardens at Harrisburg Area Community College, The reception afterwards was at the college’s conference center and the pig roast held the next day was at the Hbg. Postal Employees’ Picnic Grounds, just north of Harrisburg.

Post # 25
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The Cork Factory is amazing, one of my best friends actually lives in those apartments! We knew we wanted to get married outside, so we decided to go with Drumore Estate. It is a gorgeous location and perfect for our rustic theme.

Post # 26
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am in Lancaster, PA and we are checking the Cork Hotel out on Sat to see if it suits us. I have my heart set on Felicita’s gardens, I just don’t know if I should have our guests commute the 1hr 25 mins to get there.

I have 2 friends in this area that are starting out professionally in photography http://www.melaniamphotography.com/ and the other one I will have to find the business card and let you know.  Melania will be doing our engagement photos and our other friend will design all the invites, menus, programs etc PLUS do photos/videography on our wedding day for an extremely cheap price (its not b/c we know them price either) as soon as I get the info I will let you know.

Post # 27
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

A friend of mine who lives in Lancaster held her reception at the Barn at Overlook — it was absolutely lovely. Fitting for a fairly casual event, which theirs was.

I live in Boston now, but I grew up just outside Philly and that’s where we are getting married. Our venue is The Old Mill in Rose Valley. Our photog is Philadelphia-based J Shurak Photography.

A photographer in the vicinity of Lancaster that I would recommend checking out is Todd G Photography. (click on titles for photos) He is based in Dauphin. I came across him in my search and I honestly wish I could have hired him AND the photographer I ended up choosing. He is a stay-at-home dad and a very nice guy, his work is beautiful, and he’s really affordable.

Post # 29
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Just realized I answered this previously!

Post # 31
6414 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

@bluespurrs: I think it’s so awesome you got married at HACC hehe 

Were from Camp Hill area which is a hop skip and jump away from Harrisburg but were actually driving an hour down to Chambersburg to get married in the Capitol Theater… I was looking for anyone else whose been married there I just want to see some pictures soooo bad! lol

The topic ‘Pennsylvania Brides! Share your 2010 & 2011 PA Weddings!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors