(Closed) Per Person Plate Prices

posted 10 years ago in Reception
  • poll: How much are you paying per plate?
    0-15 : (39 votes)
    9 %
    16-30 : (86 votes)
    20 %
    31-50 : (75 votes)
    17 %
    51-70 : (62 votes)
    14 %
    71-90 : (47 votes)
    11 %
    91-110 : (42 votes)
    10 %
    111-150 : (46 votes)
    11 %
    151-200 : (24 votes)
    6 %
    200+ (OMG) : (15 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 47
    383 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

For a very fancy dinner in Panama with lots of food, it’s $52/per person. We got that price when the place was new though – now they’re charging $95 a person. So glad we made the deposit when we did!

Post # 48
    5091 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

We’re in the Dallas area, and we’re paying $21.50 per person (not including alcohol – that’s separate) for a full buffet-style dinner.  That’s an INCREDIBLE deal, though.  Most places we looked at began around $35 for something comparable.

Post # 49
    1939 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

In New Orleans we are doing 37 a plate without alcohol.  This is just the cost of our food and not anything else.  We will be paying about $100ish a person after yu add on the other details. 

Post # 50
    1995 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

ours was about $50/plate NOT including dessert & drinks.  We provided those ourselves.

Post # 51
    2410 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

We are paying $135pp in SE Connecticut

Post # 52
    2090 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Well, it depends on what you count with the “plate”. It wasn’t priced per plate, so estimating…just straight up food only was about $60 per person, and alcohol was an additional almost $30 per person. That was for welcome drinks, 2 hours of heavy passed appetizers, 4 course plated dinner, cupcakes and tea/coffee after dinner service and full open bar with poured wine service during dinner.

The venue was an additional $2500, and the linens/flatware/transportation costs (we were married on an island so everything had to be transported via ferry) and server/chef fees were an additional couple grand, and then there were 20% service fees and local taxes levied on everything. Once you add in all those, it’s definitely up around (over?) $200 per person in costs just for venue and catering.

Post # 53
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

We are paying 91$ per person that includes 4 course meal (with choice of entree) cocktail hour with hors deourvers open alcohol and coffee bar. and all hall fees…

Post # 54
    602 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

We’re doing $35 per person, seated, for a lunch.

Post # 55
    1882 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I have already had my wedding but I still voted. We are in downtown Philly-We paid $135 PP and that included cocktail hour (10 butelred, crudite station,open bar)  3 course plated dinner (choice of chicken or salmon)/6 hour open bar (upgraded to top shelf-otherwise it would have been $116 PP)/cake/ dessert bar/champagne toast/wine with dinner.

This does not include 8% sales tax and 18% gratuity…or the “room fee” which was another $1000. ugh! These, sadly, were on the cheaper side of Philly wedding venues. Some places were $250 with a 200 person minimum.

Post # 56
    2792 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Southern Maine / New Husband / MA area–

$140 per plate/person

Includes: 1 hour open bar for cocktail hour, 4 plated and 4 passed appetizers, champagne toast, red/white wine service during dinner, plated dinner including soup/salad course, surf & turf dinner with potato and vegetable, our cake, coffee/tea, room fee, and our linens + overlays.

Post # 57
    1326 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

I had a hard time answering too because our venue covers a lot, but are we just talking about food or EVERYTHING? Per plate with everything included, it’ll probably be $100/pp. However, if it’s just what the venue charges per person, it’s about $70 (what I voted for), but that includes, buffet, wine/beer/soda bar, linens, non-floral centerpieces, tables/chairs, setup/cleanup, and DJ. It’s a really good deal for my area for what I wanted. All I have to get are flowers, officiant and cake. Just food (i.e. if anyone shows up who was not on the guest list), I believe was around $30 or $40.

Post # 58
    106 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I’m in Colorado, and while food can be in the $15-20 range if you’re lucky (for $18pp, we’re doing passed appetizers during cocktail hour, and then a cajun-themed barbeque buffet), the service fees, labour and tax adds up and turns it into about $38pp – but that includes the caterers staying to clean everything up. yikes, it’s expensive!

Post # 59
    7365 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

Thats why despise living in NY. Everything we’ve looked is a mininum of $80-145 p/p. And thats before the 20% service charge and 7-8.75% sales tax. 

Yell

Post # 60
    344 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

The venue we’re seriously considering starts at $100 pp just for food.  Open bar is an additional $40 pp.  Then.. gotta love CA.. 20% gratuity and then THEY TAX GRATUITY @ 9.75%!  At first I thought it was a ploy by the venue, but I looked up the CA tax code and found out it’s not.. F***.

None the less.. I’m dumb and voted $90 – $110 because I forgot about gratuity and tax..

Post # 61
    458 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Reception will be in Los Angeles, CA area. $51 per plate plus $1.50 per slice cake cutting fee, whatever wine and champagne will be (lowest price $39 a bottle), 19% gratuity, and tax. If you bring your own alcohol it’s $20 a bottle cork fee.

The topic ‘Per Person Plate Prices’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors