(Closed) Personalized m&m’s!

posted 7 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I haven’t used them but I got some as a present once! They are fun, I’m excited to hear you are using them.  I think 5 pounds should be enough though…but I wouldn’t be able to say for sure.

Post # 4
6824 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It really depends on what kind of packaging you are using for your favors. Honestly I would get more than 5 lbs because people love M&M’s. And really that is not a lot of M&M for 200 people.

Post # 5
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

5 pounds won’t be enough. If they are 4oz jars, you will need 25 lbs of candy to fill 100 jars. I did personalized m&m’s for a baby shower I hosted and honestly, I wished I had come up with a less expensive idea…and that was only for 25 jars. 

EDIT: These are the jars that I used. They held a little less that 4oz of candy each.

Post # 6
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m curious about this as well! We have talked about it in the past, we thought it would be a cute favor idea because both of our names start with M. If anyone has used it for a candy buffet, what quantity did you order?

Post # 8
3709 posts
Sugar bee

They are pretty tiny….I did a combination of the favor baby bottles and the little jars. The jars actually ended up being smaller than the mini bottles. Details have been spray painted to protect the innocent Laughing

Post # 10
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It sounds like maybe your opinion has been set, but have you considered mixing in custom m & ms with regular ones?  That way, you can still have SOME custom and not super pricey by adding the regular cheap ones.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

If you just had them in cellophane bags that might be cheap enough?

Post # 13
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

5 pounds won’t be anywhere close to enough. You’ll probably have to buy something like $500 worth to fill everything you need. Not worth it, at all, IMO.

Post # 14
3709 posts
Sugar bee

@kperry3: I am doing a candy buffet of FIs and my favorite candies growing up. My wedding is small though….about 60 people, so the costs are going to be as much as it would for a larger guest list. 

Post # 15
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My sister spent a ridiculous amount of money on personalized M&Ms, and while it’s a cool idea, none of my relatives even noticed while they were eating them. I had to point it out to them- lol!

Post # 16
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We are doing a candy buffet with personalized bags. I convinced my Fiance that instead of spending the money on the M&Ms as we were, we could do a lot of other candy in cool bags.

The topic ‘Personalized m&m’s!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors