(Closed) Personalized M&Ms?

posted 11 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
3997 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We were going to but they are pricey!  We actually decided (since we’re doing a candy buffet) to get the lil personalized hershey bars.  They’re on theknot.com and they go on sale really often.  You can’t get a picture on them but at least you can have your names and the date. 

Post # 4
900 posts
Busy bee

I kind of think it is a waste of money.  I think it is cuter to get non-personalized M&Ms and spend the money on really cool packaging.  As a guest, it is so much more fun getting a cute little present to open. 

Post # 5
3575 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think they’re pricey too.  I’m just going to go with getting two colors of our wedding for our candy buffet and be done w/the m&m’s.  While I hope people enjoy them, I’m really using them for color purposes on the candy table.

Post # 6
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We were going too but they were too expensive.  We did a candy/cookie buffet and bought non personalized M&M’s in our colors.  I bought mine at A/C Moore and used 40-50% off coupons to save.  We also attached personalized labels to Hershey’s Nuggets which wasn’t as expensive as the personalized M&M’s. 

Good luck!!

Post # 9
10216 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

i agree wtih all of the pp.  they were at a wedding that i attended as one of the favors and honestly i don’t think that anyone noticed but me.

Post # 10
1580 posts
Bumble bee

i agree- too expensive, especially now that they are pretty mainstream and i think pretty much everyone knows you can personalize an m&m. the novelty isn’t as high as it used to be.

but if you love them and if you’re going to be sad you didn’t get them, then you should go for it.

Post # 11
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

The only issue I have with them is the teeny pics on them.  And wording.  My poor grandma couldn’t even see the picture on it if I gave her one!

Post # 13
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My sister did them, and people LOVED them.  It’s a pretty fun idea if you have the extra money. 

Post # 14
490 posts
Helper bee

We had them for my daughter’s wedding – I think maybe 20 people noticed that they were personalized. Print was blurry and about 25% were so smugged you couldn’t read what was on it.

Huge waste of money!

Post # 15
1044 posts
Bumble bee

I didn’t get personalized M&M’s with messages on them because of the cost but opted instead for the colors I wanted and got them at Michael’s.  I used their coupons for each pack so they were more affordable.  I think they usually send 40%-50% coupons in the mail.  If not, you can google Michael’s coupons, print one out (or many which I did) and get as many as you need.

Post # 16
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2020

I wanted a few colored M&Ms for my candy buffet so I just went to Michael’s with some coupons.

If you decide to order the personalized ones, they often send out coupon codes–check http://www.retailmenot.com for current offers.

The topic ‘Personalized M&Ms?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors