(Closed) Philadelphia Area Wedding reception $20,000

posted 6 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 18
498 posts
Helper bee

I dont know if it would under your budget, since catering is seperate, but I’m using Morris Aboretum of U Penn — definitely unique! Check it out!

Post # 19
498 posts
Helper bee

Oh! I forgot to add, but Morris Arboretum gives the option to have your reception in A TREE HOUSE!?!?! I’m a massive tree hugger, so this was right up my alley lol. Good luck with your hunt!

Post # 20
498 posts
Helper bee

im terrible at this today, not the whole reception, just cocktail hour lol. Ok. NOW im done lol

Post # 21
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Try Rose Bank Winery, its in bucks county but its an awesome space. 

Post # 22
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

You HAVE to check out Jeffrey Miller Catering. They have a few exclusive contracts with venues in the Phildelphia area.  Their packages are awesome, food is delicious, and includes the rental items you listed above. I booked my wedding with them at the American Swedish Historical Museum in FDR park because I really wanted an outdoor space, but they have the Racquet Club in Philadelphia too, and a few others.  Plus, they include the cake which is a $$ saver. I highly recommend them!!

Post # 23
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

not sure if you found a venue yet, but you might want to check out the Lake House Inn in Perkasie. Beautiful and unique.

Post # 24
11 posts
Newbee

Hi,

I’m not sure how many people you are planning to have since that will play into the cost, but my caterer Jeffery Miller catering has several rustic style venues. I am getting married at the John J Audubon Center. They also have the Anthony Wayne house. You can find more info on partyspace.com. Jeffery Miller also does a Bistro Menu that is less than most other menus. Their food is also pretty great. Good luck! 

Post # 27
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

check out p and p caterers 

Post # 28
11 posts
Newbee

@Fed12 Have you tried any of the Jeffery Miller Catering locations? They have the John J Audubon Center and the Anthony Wayne house which are both very rustic. They also have a bistro menu that is a bit less per head then their traditional menus. They may be able to work with you. I’m doing the bistro menu myself and the food is very tasty.

Good luck! 

Sarah

Post # 29
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
emilypaige:  Emily, I am currently looking at this venue and was hoping you could tell me a little more about your budget. We are still in the early stages of planning ours and love this place but are worried it might be a little over our $40K budget with everything (food, band, location, all the rooms, etc…) Any help or feedback you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Post # 30
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2017

My fiancée and I are getting married at Pen Ryn on Dec 10th, 2017. Since we booked so far in advance and we’re getting married off season we ended up paying 84$ per person. We have an open bar, hot chocolate bar, open bar, coat check, valet, tons of food options. They even added in chargers and linens for free. I would say it pays to ask what they can customize (they subsititued several things for us) and be willing to look at other dates!

The topic ‘Philadelphia Area Wedding reception $20,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors