(Closed) Philly area – chill unique venue for close to 200 guests

posted 6 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 2
11 posts
Newbee

Hi There,

I highly reccomend you look into John J Audubon Center in Audubon, PA. It’s not too far from Philly or Exton. They have an in house caterer (who has great food) and florist and offer a coordinator to help with your day. You can even rent out props to help customize the space. I’m having my wedding there in the spring and was not a big ballroom girl either. The space is very releaxed, but can be dressed up (my guys are wearing black tie). Also, If you’re on a budget check out their Bistro Menu. You can find them on Party Space. 🙂 Happy Hunting. 

Post # 3
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m not sure what your budget is exactly but have you checked out World Cafe Live at the Queen?  It’s a less traditional space and fits a lot of people.  I don’t know their prices exactly but I priced out the location in Wilmington, DE (where I live) and it wasn’t too bad.  

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee

I didn’t check out all of these since I found my venue early on in my search so I’m not sure about pricing/size but some of the “out of the box” ones on my list were: Front & Palmer, Terrain at Styers (in Chester County), Bartram’s Gardens & the American Swedish History Museum.

Good luck!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

You have to look into the American Swedish Historical Mueseum and Jeffrey Miller Catering.  It’s a beautiful venue in FDR park and totally affordable.  My fiance and I booked there after we looked at a lot of the other “typical” philly venues (ie Franklin Ballroom, Art Museum, Kimmell Center, etc). The catering co. is exclusive for that venue but their food is absolutely amazing! All fresh and made right there that night (we just set our menu and are psyched!). Plus, the venue is gorgeous, has tons of outdoor space (our whole wedding will be outside) and they provide the tent if needed (so no worrying about additional cost).  Jeffrey Miller also covers all of the rentals and everything so you don’t have to worry about a million different vendors. THey have other venues that are cool too, and are fun to work with. Check them out!

The topic ‘Philly area – chill unique venue for close to 200 guests’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors