(Closed) Philly brides – name change?

posted 8 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 4
30 posts
  • Wedding: December 2010

I just did it with social security and honestly, was really easy. You fill out the SS-5 form (application for social security card) and you write exactly what it currently is and what you want it to be. Then take it to the office, and wait to be called and then they take your information and mail you your new card. (In the city it’s 12th and Market – you bring forms, marriage license and ID such as US passport) 


Then once you get the card, you can bring that along with your forms to the DMV … my bank told me I just need to bring in marriage license. Of course your work, insurance providers, US passport, etc. It can be time consuming but it’s not hard. 

Post # 5
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I just went through it…. SS was the easiest and sitting in the DMV was annoying but also easy.  I would be wary of those kits though,  I wouldn’t want to send out my social security number to some random company.  I’m still working on getting all the little things out of the way but the big stuff was really easy.  Good luck!

The topic ‘Philly brides – name change?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors