(Closed) Photographer for suburban wedding under $2000?

posted 6 years ago in Chicago
Post # 3
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Check out Timothy Whaley Photography. I got my whole package (which includes two photographers: one for 5 hours and the other for 12 hours) for $2100, but they have other packages for less.

http://twaphoto.com/

Post # 4
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Kdoodle19:

$1,500 for up to 10 hours with DVD and full release

$1,000 package that is 6 hours with DVD and full release

$500 for up to 12 hours with DVD and full release

The top one is the only one I can actually speak for – he photographed a friends wedding and I thought her pictures were worth $1,500 and he didn’t miss anything. The next 2 are from Craigslist and they both have nice portfolios and great prices 🙂

Post # 5
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m using Robert Johnson — his business is called Rojo Foto. He’s in Aurora, but he’s traveling to my Grayslake wedding for free — he goes all around the Chicagoland area. He doesn’t have any minimum hours (he’ll be with me for about 12 hours!) and his package is $1685 — I’m paying an extra few hundred for an album. His basic package also includes an engagement shoot. He’s really nice and he’s also a graphic designer, so he definitely has that artistic eye!

Post # 6
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

My friend does photography and has done some weddings in Chicago and the burbs too.  He doesn’t just do weddings; he also does creative portraiture and stuff so he might have that artistic edge you are looking for?  His wedding price range is right around where you are looking for, $2k.  You can check out his work at http://www.phototsumi.com , but not today because he is doing the SOPA protest blackout!   You can also find him on facebook by searching Photo Tsumi.  My SO and I are in the couples section of his portfolio too. 😉

Post # 7
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Two Birds Photography. Jake is amazing. He will be right around $2000

Post # 8
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@vmoran32:  $2k for a wedding?  Are you sure?  The pricing I received months ago was $3,200 for their cheapest package (up to 10k) non-negotiable. 

Post # 9
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m going with Modern Image Studios. My package was about $1400, included ten hours, unlimited locations, plus engagement photos and a few other “extras.” You can choose your photographer based on their portfolios. The best part is they actually let you see whole weddings that the photographers have shot, not just a select few of their best work. I’m using Brian Powers because he is awesome! He definitely has an artistic eye, he’s done plenty of weddings, and he works as a photojournalist for a newspaper during the week. My e-pics were great, so I would definitely recommend this company!

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m using Amanda Megan Miller. Was very happy with the engagement photos. She may be in your budget.

Post # 12
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@Mrs.Firefly1: I booked them over a year ago. They must have increased their pricing

Post # 14
396 posts
Helper bee

Mstudiofoto.com

1600!

Post # 16
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t know if you’re still looking, but I would check out Kathleen Noelle.

http://www.kathleennoelle.com

I think her photography speaks for itself, but she is also a wonderful, kind person. Her package price is just right for your budget, too!

The topic ‘Photographer for suburban wedding under $2000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors