(Closed) photographer for the rehearsal & RD?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Is it worth the money to have your photographer at the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner?
    Absolutely! You'll regret it if you don't : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Nah, you'll have personal pics and that will be good enough : (18 votes)
    75 %
    Other (explained below) : (5 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 3
    10368 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

It was in our package to have ours at the RD – so I decided it might be good! It’s so rare that I have all my family in one place, and we’re throwing a big party. Couldn’t hurt if you have the budget for it, but also I wouldn’t stress about it if not!

Post # 4
    5978 posts
    Bee Keeper

We invited my photographer to the rehearsal, but more so that he could get a feel for how the ceremony would go. I’m Orthodox, so our ceremony is a little different than a traditional Catholic church wedding, so I wanted to be sure he was comfortable. He totally appreciated it, b/c he knew when special moments were going to occur.

As for having pro pics of the rehearsal dinner, we opted out. We had all of our closest friends and family there with cameras and they did a fine job themselves!

Post # 5
    127 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

My MOH’s husband is going to take them for us – which I really appreciate!  For her wedding we took a bunch of personal photos and it was plenty.  Just make sure you put 1-2 people in charge so they know that you want certain shots.

Post # 6
    2682 posts
    Sugar bee

I had a friend of a friend that did our rehearsal dinner pics, she only asked to cover her gas.  We ended up giving her $100 and got a cd of images so it was really nice.  During the actual rehearsal I gave my camera to my cousin who took pics and several other people took pictures as well. 

Post # 7
    4123 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’ve done a few… and honestly… it’s not worth it. 1) We can’t really take pics while people eat… (seriously, your guests will hate me and they’ll look so goofy) 2) Toasts are about it or maybe a few during the socializing. As for the rehearsal itself, everything is so busy and chaotic usually that it’s not really worth it either. 

Post # 8
    605 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2010 - Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

my feeling is that if you can comfortably fit it in your budget, then go for it. but if you can’t, then don’t worry about skipping it. i think most people do without a pro photographer at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and it’s no biggie. i don’t think it’s worth stretching your budget for.

Post # 9
    2476 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

We didn’t have our pro photog at ours.  Everyone there took tons of personal photos, which I thought was plenty.  🙂

Post # 10
    10368 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I agree with the above posters – our RD isn’t sit down – it’s a big party with heavy apps, a sno cone machine, Rock Band, lots of activities. So, there will be a lot to take pics of. But if I was just having a regular old sit down dinner, it really wouldn’t be worth it!

Post # 12
    10368 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@bryce234

haha That was my ONE stipulation for the RD – MUST have sno cone machine! FI wanted Rock Band. We figured it would be nice to let loose with everyone before the more formal event the next day 🙂

Post # 13
    28 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2011

My photographer said she does not attend RD only rehearsal part of it and it’s a part of our package. I don’t know why would you want take pictures of rehearsal dinner? Do you have to provide a meal to photographer too??

Post # 14
    516 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I am definitely expecting to take a lot of personal pics at the rehearsal. I would not pay extra for a photog at that event.

Post # 15
    40 posts
    Newbee

I think if you are considering having your photographer at the rehearsal and the dinner, a good option may be to look for a student photographer so you can get great looking photos at minimal cost.

The topic ‘photographer for the rehearsal & RD?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors