(Closed) Photographer Problem…etiquette question?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Just send an email thanking them but letting them know you’ve secured another photog. 

It’s much better to do it now than meet with them knowing you won’t be using them. 

Good luck!

Post # 4
16195 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Are you positive that you’ll go with your sister’s friend instead of the photog. from Craigslist? It’s not a big deal to cancel the meeting and mention that you have a family friend who has agreed to help you out. But I would just make sure that you want to go with your sister’s friend before you cancel.

I should also note that it’s WAY harder to “break up” with a photographer once you’ve met them in person, especially if you got along with them! We met with three photographers and obviously only chose one. It broke my heart to tell the others that they hadn’t been chosen!

Post # 5
3981 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would go just to see what they have. Who knows, maybe you will end up liking them better. But it is always a good idea to shop around before you decide anyway.


Post # 6
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Just call or email and say you found someone else. Why waste their time or your’s if you know you have already found someone.

Post # 7
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would keep the meeting.  I think it is good to compare the work of the two.  You may still not think twice about going with your sister’s friend, but it doesn’t hurt to interview a couple of folks.

Post # 8
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

i would keep the meeting just in case check them both out after you decide who you like more send he other photographer and emaill or contact them in some way saying that you have decided to go wth someone else… its fine as long as no contracts are signed.

Post # 9
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010 - Ocean View Villas/Jasmine Seafood Restaurant

If you’re not certain, I would go to the meeting for comparison.  If you are certain about not using the craigslist person, I would cancel via email or phone call.  Don’t waste the person’s time and energy if you’re not serious about it.

Post # 10
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I agree with PP.  If you’re sure about your sister’s friend, don’t go to the other meeting and waste their time.  But, there’s not harm in comparing either.

Post # 11
7295 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i agree with those that say you should keep the meeting, unless you are 110% positive you will no go with them. i mean if you are only going because you don’t have the heart to cancel the meeting, then it will be even to cancel after.  but if you think there is a 1% chance you might want the craiglist person instead, then go with it.  or even go meet them if it is only to confirm you are going with your sister’s friend.

Post # 12
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@teacherin200829: Like others said, I would go and meet with them unless you have no question at all that you’ll use your sister’s friend. You have to compare the photographers directly – just as you don’t want to go with the craigslist photog because you talked to them first, you don’t want to go with the other just because it’s your sister’s friend and she says the photographer is good. If you do decide to go with your sister’s friend, just be honest with the other photographer. Business is business – I promise most of us don’t take it personally.

Also, sent you a message!

The topic ‘Photographer Problem…etiquette question?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors