(Closed) Photography Location Ideas for 12/21 Elopement in NYC

posted 6 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We had Our Engagement photos done in Hammond Castle in Central Park!

Post # 4
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Since you will be coming from City Hall, definitely walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and take pictures in Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Post # 6
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’d recommend taking pictures on the steps of the courthouse, hopping in a cab for cool cab shots, going to time square and taking pics there and then going to a third location.

Post # 7
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

That time of year is going to be beautiful! I’d call ahead to Rockefeller Center and see if you can reserve time on the ice, to take pictures by the tree. Otherwise, if you were to just show up there, it would be a complete shit show of crowds. 

Post # 8
1876 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Here is the “itinerary” I would plan.

Take a few pre-wedding pictures in Brooklyn Bridge Park. It’s in Brooklyn, and an absolutely gorgeous photo op. The pic @LittleRiver posted is a great representation of it. I would then maybe walk across the Bridge for some additional photos. Warning – it will be COLD and windy. So prepare accordingly haha. Maybe just take a few pictures at the entrance of the bridge, and then hop in a cab. I would recommend trying to take pictures around 10 AM. This will be after the morning rush.

Then – go get married 🙂 The building you’ll actually get married in isn’t too fab (it’s not really city hall). However, it’s near the Courthouse and City Hall, so definetly spend some time over their taking “we-just-got-married” pictures. 

Then, I would either go to Central Park or The Highline. How would you guys describe yourself? Central Park = Traditional, Romantic, Whismical. The Highline = Modern, Hip, Urban. I would hop in a cab (take some cute cab photos like pp recommended) and head to one of those locations.

Central Park (I would go to The Castle and the fountain – these will make for the best photos. This picture was taken in a beautiful tunnel right near the fountain. It’s also near the Boat House, if you want to eat there post-wedding.

The Highline:

Hope this was helpful! Like another PP mentioned, you could also go to Rockefeller Center, however it might be a mob scene depending on the time of day. To get the best pics I would go at night time (so the tree lights will be on), but again, this is the most crowded time of day.

Make sure to share your pics once your hitched!!

Post # 9
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Theres also the NY Public library…

Post # 10
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

It’ll be cold, so you may want one indoor location. Try Grand Central Station. Permits are free as long as you do it ahead of time. And the photos will be gorgeous.

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

rather than sticking with the cliche pictures of Brooklyn Bridge or Central park, we decided we wanted something that was more New York hip so we decided to take our engagement pictures in Soho and at the Washington Square Park. You can get a little of everything from the busy downtown cafes to the quiet quirky corners of Minetta lane and of course there are nature pictures with the trees as well.

All of our family and friends applauded our uniqueness and cleveriness!

Post # 12
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Staple Street in Tribeca is fairly close to city hall! Also only a few blocks from Hudson River Park.

Post # 15
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ohh New York!

There is literaly hundreds of places where you can take your pictures.  Our photographer took a train with us and went to like 20 different places in NYC.

1. Central Park
  2. Brooklyn Bridge
  3. Grand Central Station
  4. Washington Square (near west 4)
  5. The Village
  6. Library Steps at 42nd Street
  7. Times Square
  8. South Street Seaport
  9. Highline Park
  10. Columbus Circle

Here are some:  

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.251726648187201.82637.229696743723525&type=3

Post # 16
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Brooklyn Bridge Park and the surrounding DUMBO area.

The topic ‘Photography Location Ideas for 12/21 Elopement in NYC’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors