- Miss Puppy Love
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
I’m sure there has been a similar post on this topic before, but I can’t seem to find it.
I have spent the past week wading through website after website and emails after emails trying to find that perfect photographer for our big day. At first, I thought I didn’t need to stress, because, shoot, our wedding isn’t until 2011. BUT after my first 4 dream photographers responded with a “sorry, we’re already booked” message, I knew I needed to get on the ball.
As many of you have probably already or are currently (or will be) experiencing, there are SO many different things to weigh when looking at different photographers…from their overall style to pricing to what’s included in the package.
So Hive, I am kindly asking you to respond with what items were the most important to you when looking for a photographer.
So far, I have determined the following to be the top 10 most important to me and my Fiance (and in this order):
- In our general budget range
- Fits our style (we love black and white photos, vintage style editing, and candid shots) and vibes with our personalities.
- Full-day/unlimited coverage. This has actually been my mom’s only suggestion…after a poor experience 20+ years ago when she got married.
- A back-up photographer. After having an engagement session, we learned that sometimes the best shots come from the guy snapping away in the background that you’re not paying attention to. 🙂
- DVD/CD of pictures with image release rights (we were spoiled by our engagement photographers).
- Online proofing. Physical proofs would be cool, but not that important to us.
- Ability to replace engagement session. (Since we’ve already had one, we’d atleast like the option of being able to exchange this for either another type of session…boudoir, bridal session, trash the dress…or a discount off the package).
- Bridal album/2 Parent’s albums/3 Grandparent’s albums…this aren’t make or break it for us, because we feel we can always order/make one ourselves. But, oh, how nice it would be to simply have it in the package!
- Black and white photos don’t cost extra.
What about you?