Post # 1
My absolute maximum budget for photography and videography is $4000 (total). I have decided to budget $3000 for photography and $1000 for videography.
1. What do you think of dividing up the budget this way?
2. Do you have any recommendations for photographers in the LA area given that: a) my budget is $3000, b) I am looking to receive: at least 9-10 hours coverage with 2 photographers, rights to our photos, and one large album. (2 parents’ albums and 1 large blown up picture as well would be awesome too). and c) I like a combination of photojournalistic and traditional photography, and would like high quality photos.
3. Any recommendations for videographers in the LA area given my $1000 budget.
It would be great if I could find a photographer/videographer team, or that have worked together in the past.
Thanks for all your help!
Post # 3
- Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch
1. I divided my budget in the same way.
2. My photography package included a lot less than you’re looking for, but I am sure you can find someone who will provide more hours and an album if you look hard enough.
3. I can’t recommend my videographer since I haven’t worked with him yet, but I am using videotapemywedding.com–they had a special a few months back and I paid $1100 (although they had an $800 special as well).
Post # 4
I would highly recommend our photographers Pix of Life. Gina and Mike are super nice and we got a package for just about $3000. Our package has a few less hours than you’re looking for, but it does include everything else (plus somethings you didn’t mention). Their website is here. Let me know if you have any questions.
Post # 6
One photographer that I really liked is Harrison Long. He is a little bit over your budget, but you could maybe work with him to make additions & concessions where necessary. He is beyond nice, so if he can make it work I am sure that he will.
Another less-expensive photographer that I liked, but wasn’t exactly my style was Nataly Lemus, so you should definitely check her out.
Sorry I can’t be any help on the videographer front!
Post # 8
Morgan Bellinger – movephotography.com – he is out of San Francisco but does travel. He was great!
Post # 9
For Photography I am using Il Mare Photography. http://www.ilmarephotography.com
They are very affordable…I paid $1800 for 10 hour coverage, two photographers, engagement shoot, DVD of pictures. I did not do my engagement shoot with them yet…but I have met Debbie in person and she is wonderful! Check out their work!
Post # 11
We just booked our videography with Make My Day Videography for $800.
Still looking for the right photographer…….although a friend who’s pretty good with photography said she would do it. is that a good idea?
Post # 12
I keep hearing that you should splurge on photography and make sure you hire someone whose work you really love as you will have these pictures for generations to come. Plus, wouldn’t your friend want to enjoy the wedding as a guest?
Post # 13
I am about to book with Stunning Bride. They included a free engagement shoot with the booking of my wedding.
Post # 14
I went with South Bay Studio for our wedding photos. The are a husband and wife team he took our posed shots and she got all the candis moments in between. My husband and I were thrilled with the results… They really captured our goofy wise cracking personalities and the whole mood of our relationship with each other. My budget was astronmically tinier they worked with me and I got a package that was a total win/win.
Also their base wedding pricing (see website) appears to be right in tune with your budget.
Post # 15
Post # 16
Check out americanacinema.com for videography and williamkimphotography.com for photos. I’ve researched these two areas alot since it is pretty important for me. I originally budgeted $2k for both hoping that this economic downturn would help me but it turns out that it’s worth spending a little bit more for something you’d treasure for a lifetime. Mine ended up being $4k for both with extra’s of course (i.e. additional photo/videographers, engagements session, etc). They’re both awesome and worth checking out.