Post # 1
We have visited three venues so far. Each one we like better than the last. We have three more visits scheduled and I was just wondering…. what was the deciding factor for others? A view? A feeling? How and when did you know?
Post # 3
I picked my venue based on how I thought the walls/furniture/fixtures would compliment my wedding colors. Haha! And of course, the size and the price had to be right. Also, I was having an outdoor ceremony, so I needed a place that would allow me to have the cermony there if it rained. I knew right away when I found the right place and booked it on the spot.
Post # 4
There were three main deciding factors….maybe four
1) the color and decor matched the overall feel we were going for (relaxed, clean and modern)
2) there was an awesome stone wall/staircase I fell in love with and wanted pics there so bad. I love how they turned out!
3) the bar. It was large with comfortable seating, and it was seperated a bit from the reception but had a large enough door to not be so secluded. This gave my Darling Husband and his Army buddies the freedom of drinking it up while our family members remained comfortable away from the alcohol.
and 4) the food was better than the other place we were initially interested in
Post # 5
@HappyORBride: We picked ours based on location, price, and availability for our date.
Post # 6
@HappyORBride: Hi to a fellow Oregon Bee!
We actually eloped in Lincoln City, but our wedding was planned for there as well. We based it on a few things.
- History: Our 6 month anniversary and first Valentine’s Day together combo trip was to Lincoln City, so it held a pretty special place in our hearts
- Photos: I literally spent about a year looking at venues in the Portland area and while they were all gorgeous, I thought about what I would enjoy most in our photos 20 years down the road. It all came down to the beach!
- Memories: Every wedding is gorgeous in its own way, but we wanted our guests to remember a beautiful wedding on the beach, that was just our thing!
Post # 7
Thanks ladies and hello to you too PacificMrs 🙂
Price is definitely a factor for us too but we don’t want to go with the cheapest if it means sacrificing good food and photo op’s. So far our favorite is a lil museum that just started doing weddings. They allow you to bring in your own alcohol and don’t charge a corking fee. It is simply $150.00 for their bartender for the night. Since our wedding is in a month where rain is likely we want the ceremony and reception at the same place. This one allows guests to walk around the museum while they flip the room and I think it’s soo cool for our guests to get that experience. Anyhow I’m just nervous that if we go look at the next three I will just fall in love with the next one too and it will be harder to decide….