Post # 1
My fiancé is a “do it at the last minute” kind of guy and I’m a “get the best deal you can” kind of gal. So, I have been digging since we got engaged for everything we have so far and he thinks we can wait til October 6th and well be ok. So, I’ve found some wedding bands on amazon and one on superjewler that I like. I have a two questions:
1. Am I suppose to include him in picking out my ring?
2. Anyone have any experience with amazon or superjewler?
Post # 3
I ordered FI’s tungsten band from Amazon with no problems. Although, I don’t believe it was from superjeweler.
I think you should get what you like, but show him first and see what he thinks too.
Post # 4
In answer to your questions…
1) Ask him if he cares. Mine pretty much said to just pick what I want (price within reason of course). I did show him what I found just in case he really hated it for some reason.
2) I haven’t ordered it yet, but my ring is almost definitely coming from Amazon–it has a 14 day return policy and free shipping back so I feel like it’s pretty “safe” to do so.
Post # 5
Yea I like the return policy. Superjewler.com has a 60day return policy. Was hoping it was safe to play with.
Post # 6
1) If he wants to be involved in picking it, make sure you include him. Just ask him what he wants. My Fiance and I do everything together, besides picking out my engagement ring lol, so I knew that we would be picking our wedding bands out togther.
2) I haven’t bought any rings or other jewelry from Amazon, but I have bought books. They always come in the condition that they said they would come in, in a timely manner.
Post # 7
I ordered my wedding ring from Super Jeweler on Amazon!! It was a great experience, the price was great and I love my ring. They were quick with answering emails I sent (Amazon itself has always given me great customer service), and my ring got here when they said it would. Also, I had to order two (one got returned by the post office) and they were REALLY quick with the refund. I would order from them again in a heartbeat!!
As far as your Fiance goes, it’s up to the two of you how much input he has. If you’re interested in gold, you really should be looking early because the cost of it has been going up and you might get a better deal now. My Fiance isn’t really into jewelry but I included him in my search, not every single trip to the store but I would tell him if I found something I liked and give him the chance to chime in with his thoughts or opinions. I also told him before I ordered anything what I was up to, but he was generally happy not to be traipsing to every store in the area LOL. Mine was titanium, to match his, which I actually love now that I’ve seen it…and he really likes that we match.
Here’s the stock photo and a (kind of blurry) picture of it on me the day I got it so you can see. Stock photo:
Post # 8
I picked one out early on then, Kay came out with a new set of bands and one finally fit my e-ring. I ended up exchanging. I would do it early because what if the one you order doesn’t do it for you in person?
Post # 9
Darling Husband and I went together to pick out wedding bands. We didn’t even discuss the possibility me going without him. I didn’t think he would be as picky about his ring as he was, so I’m glad he wanted to go… Besides, as it turned out, the ring he liked best was $300 over my budget, so I had to use the “layaway plan of Jim” in order to afford it, because the store wouldn’t let me put it on layaway at the special sales price. So Darling Husband put it on his credit card and I paid him for it every month until it was paid off–it was important to me that I actually pay for his ring.
I really think it depends on the couple though. Some men want to be involved in the purchase of rings more than others…so like others have said, just ask him how he feels about it.