Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Here ya go:

[attachment=1461259,185529] [attachment=1461259,185530]

Post # 5
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi penguini I have lost of pics of the Poloma up. Click on my name and it will take you to all my posts and you can click on the links with Poloma in the title and the pics will be in there. I am not on my home comp. now to just put them up here or I would. Let me know if you find them or if you dont. I will try and re post them for you here if you can not find them.

Post # 6
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Here are the pics..sorry it took me so long.

[attachment=1500491,189746] [attachment=1500491,189747]

Post # 8
70 posts
Worker bee

@penguini: I had the same dilemma (torn between this ruffled Paloma dress and a more classic/timeless dress), but in the end, I figured, when else can you rock a frilly, romantic look if not your wedding day? : ) So I went for the Paloma, and I don’t regret it at all. To give a kind of silly analogy, I am mostly a Banana/Ann Taylor/J Crew kinda gal, but I like to mix it up with Anthropologie. The second choice/classic dress is what you would *think* I would choose since I’m normally fairly preppy, and the Paloma dress was me being feisty! : ) I’m not one of those lucky gals who knows when the dress is “the one” — I’m not very “bride-y” in a lot of ways! — so I asked my girlfriends for their input, and they all agreed that even though the classic dress was “typical” of what I usually choose, the ruffled dress was a unique, statement dress that represented my fun personality. The loving reactions of my girlfriends said it best — there’s something about a big skirt and ruffles that makes people feel romantic and festive! And that’s what I want my wedding to be — lots of fun. : ) So, go for the Paloma ruffles! I’m sure no matter what dress you end up with, it will be beautiful on you since you’ll be wearing a big happy smile. : )

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

This is the dress that I will be wearing on June 17, 2011. So Excited.

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee

@S2- I’m wearing this dress on June 17, 2011 too!! We’re twins! 🙂

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012
Post # 14
70 posts
Worker bee

I had my first alterations on the dress and I’m mixing it up a bit : )
* replacing brooch with pearl-beaded sash
* removing most of the crinoline to de-pouf it
* making the neckline slightly more sweetheart (because when they pulled it back to make the waist tighter, it made the neckline appear straighter, and I want to avoid the uni-boob look!)
* removing/flattening the ruffles that hit right on the hips to avoid a widening effect

Any other PB 4116 gals doing similar alterations (and have before and after pics?).

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

I love the Paloma 4116 and purchased it for my July 2011 wedding.  It’s very interesting that we all have that same style (BR and JCrew) and chose this particular gown. 

What are you were doing in terms of a veil?  I was not going to wear one and have not really seen any photos of anyone in this dress with one.  Any thoughts on any simple, not over the top, hair accessories?

Thanks!

Post # 16
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I love this dress. I too am I Paloma Blanca 4116 bride!

The topic ‘Pics of Paloma Blanca 4116?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors