(Closed) Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hello, I’m new to the boards too!

I went to try on dresses a few weeks ago and the dress I liked best was the Mori Lee 4524, but I wasn’t completely sold on it. So I went home and took a couple weeks to think about it. Well this Saturday I finally decided to go to the bridal store and try it on one more time before buying it online. At the store, I started looking through the racks and happened to come across the Mori Lee 4808 gown. I had seen it online when I did my initial search and wasn’t too excited about it, but I put it on my inspiration list just for fun. I figured I might as well try it on for comparison purposes. Let me tell you, I was blown away! The 4808 dress looked amazing compared to the 4524 dress! Needless to say I left the bridal store an hour later with their sample 4808 in my arms. I love it! 

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi! I just joined the boards and I actually picked Mori Lee 4808 as THE dress a few months ago, I just have to go back and actually order it haha. The only picture I have is from the phone on my camera but it gives you an idea:

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee

@LoveBug1022:

You look beautiful! I just ordered this dress too Smile

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

Quick question…  How much did you spend on your 4808?  I just bought mine from a nice bridal salon, but it was way more than what I have seen on some online-only sites…

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Lovebug, this dress looks great on you.  I think I am going to wear it too and we are getting married on the same day!!  Is your’s ivory or white in this pic?

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee

Thank you!

Christina- it was $750 which I thought was a really good price.

Cdinardi- It’s ivory. The store didnt have it or any other Mori Lee’s in white for me to see what it would look like and I loved it so much that I didnt care that it was Ivory. Plus, I had no idea it wasnt white until they told me haha.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

@LoveBug1022: I LOVE THIS DRESS ON YOU! I have it special ordered right now to try on this week. If you don’t mind, can you tell how tall you are and what street size you are?  I’m thinking we close to the same size so I am so excited and hope it looks half as good. I’m getting married June 23rd too!!

Just an FYI to the othr brides….. I am paying $640 for this dress especially since it is the slow time of the year! Yeah! I love a good deal!!!

Post # 11
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I wish I could share my photos but the files were corrupt when I tried uploading them – wahhH!

BUT – this is my dress, and she is GORGEOUS in person. From looking at the online photos on the model I never would have even asked to try it on, but my consultant picked it for me and it ended up being The Dress. (Will be ditching the feathery flower and switching out the sash for a sparklier one, though.) I’m supposed to receive by the end of February but I hope it’s earlier!

PS – I got an AMAZING deal on this dress after showing the bridal salon all the competitive pricing online. As a result, I was able to get my dress and a gorgeous floor-length veil for a total of $592 including taxes. Pleased as punch.

Post # 12
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I tried both of these on, they are still in my top 3. The bridal store I went to had them both priced under $600, I think 4524 was closer to $500.

Mori Lee 4808

Mori Lee 4524

Post # 13
615 posts
Busy bee

@JSK: you look wonderful in both dresses! Man, I just think EVERYONE looks good in the 4524 – it’s so dang flattering. It’s such a simple dress but can be personalized in so many ways, now I understand why it’s sooooo popular. The 4524 was definitely the most budget-friendly dress I tried on, too (it was priced at exactly $500 at the bridal salon I went to), and was one of my Top 3 contenders. Buuut my beloved 4808 won in the end because it had a softer, more romantic look I was hoping to achieve. And those buttons all the way down the back… siiiiiiigh. Love love love. Still debating whether or not to add an additional slip underneath for more fullness… if I’m gonna wear a ballgown, I better rock it haha. And I believe it was initially priced at $650 at the salon I went to (which is still super reasonable for dress with so much material).

When I was talking shop with the bridal consultant about our favorite designers (before I even began trying dresses on), she said that after working in bridal shops for 15+ years, she really thinks that Mori Lee makes some of the most beautiful, high-quality dresses – especially considering the prices.

Post # 14
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

I tried 4808 on today… sooo soft and romantic!! I love it and was in white pretty close to my size!

But does it make my torso look short? I wish it was a bit lower but I still love it!

Post # 15
615 posts
Busy bee

@cherryblossomlove: I don’t think it makes anyone’s torso look too short at all. You look lovely in it! It’s a natural-waistline ballgown, which actually helps accentuate a figure and not hide it! My bridesmaids (who went dress shopping with me) said it actually made my waist look tinier than some of the fitted numbers I tried on.

Post # 16
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

@maraschino: It is really pretty. I thought it was a bit high but I do love it:)

The topic ‘Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors