(Closed) Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 33
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@adavis135:  lol, and I am going for MORE poof! ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks great!

Post # 34
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Ahh this is my dress! Funny story – I had decided I wanted Justin Alexander 8635, but after mulling it over, I decided that worrying about water marks on a silk dress was not how I wanted to spend my wedding day. I went to a different salon (the first one I visited, when I loved my consultant), showed her the JA, and she brought out every ballgown they had with a pleated or gather sweetheart neckline – I tried on satin, tulle, taffeta, you name it. The last dress I tried on was Mori Lee Blu 4808 and I LOVED it, but it felt too princessy. I had just tried on a similar Maggie Sottero (April) with a black sash and loved the sash, so we added a black sash and there you have it!

Except…I wanted to keep looking. So I made ONE more appointment at a different salon two weeks later. When I walked in, my consultant introduced herself, and asked what I was looking for. I looked up, and there was a bride trying on a beautiful dress – I pointed at her and said “I need to try that dress on”. The consultant replied that it was the bride’s dress (it was her first fitting), and that she’d find out at the style, but I should start looking through the racks and pulling stuff I liked.

So I’m looking through the racks, and I pull out a ball gown that I like – the consultant comes up and tells me “oh, you must really like this dress – it’s actually the sample of the style the other bride has on – Mori Lee Blu 4808!).

I decided I needed to stop looking and just buy it already then! I actually got the salons to get in a bit of a bidding war and have an appointment to go get measured and pay $540 for it next week Wink

Post # 35
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hello Ladies! You all look gorgeous! I had my first fitting this week and I had all three layers of tulle/crinoline removed and I couldn’t be happier! (I’m not much of a ball gown kind of girl) I am serioulsy in love with this dress ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 36
17 posts
Newbee

So my 4808 came in TODAY! I can’t go try it on for a few more days though. The dress is in WA near my parents’ house and I live in Vancouver, BC. Anyway, I am super anxious. I still think I like the dress, but I saw the new Mori Lees for this season and there are some very similar shapes but with alencon lace that I ADORE and would have swooned over had I seen them before I bought my 4808. I am hoping that it’s still love when I go try it on again… I suppose there’s not much to be done if I don’t still love it? :/

Post # 37
121 posts
Blushing bee

How are you ladies going to bustle your dress?! I was thinking the ballroom bustle.

Post # 38
121 posts
Blushing bee

PS– did anyone notice that most of us are August brides:)

Post # 39
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Love my mori lee 4808 bout got a thinner belt to accentuate my waistline. apologize its sideways but unsure how to fix

Post # 40
1 posts
Wannabee

Just picked this dress out today and I absolutely LOVE it!

Post # 41
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

This is the dress I wore for my April 2012 wedding (sniffle) and I am amazed/pleased that brides are still in love with and buying this dress. I love how versatile this dress can be.  @lmorri07: I can’t believe how fabulous the dress looks with all its layers removed! So dreamy.

Admittedly, I wore the 4808 to its fullest ballgown potential — hoop skirt and all. ;]

Post # 42
1202 posts
Bumble bee

@maraschino:  Ahh! Love how you styled it with a cardigan. My friends always joke that all I wear are white t-shirts, cardigans, and scarves and I’ll look like a different person on the wedding day because I won’t be wearing any of that…maybe I’ll just prove them wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰

To other 4808 brides – what type of veil are you wearing? Are you wearing a necklace or earrings? Or…both? I’m thinking a finger-tip length veil with an elbow length blusher, with a cut edge, and maybe teardrop earrings? I feel like I need a necklace, though, for some coverage…I just can’t decide!

(shameless tagging so you see this)

View original reply
@Blueyz020:  

View original reply
@emilyrose114:  

View original reply
@adavis135:  

View original reply
@YVRTrish:  

Post # 45
17 posts
Newbee

@StL.Ashley:  I am doing the veil that’s in the pic posted earlier (shorter length blusher with chapel length veil), tear drop shaped art deco looking sapphire and diamond earings that match my engagement ring, a blinged out headband and haven’t decided on necklace or not yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 46
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I am wearing the veil in the picture. I have bought a new thinner crystal belt to wear with the dress, teardrop earrings, a crystal bracelet butno necklace as of now.  Still deciding on hair up or down, any thoughts? 

Post # 47
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I cannot wait to wear this dress!! I ordered it last Wednesday! It was so very me!! Dear 11/23 come sooner, I can’t wait to get it! What did everyone wear as shoes for this dress?

Post # 49
121 posts
Blushing bee

@StL.Ashley:  I just poated our recap pics ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors