(Closed) Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 50
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@emilyrose114:  ahh you looked so beautiful! I love the first look with your dad. So sweet.

Did you have the back of the dress altered? It looks like it dips lower than mine does.

Post # 51
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Tstone1128:  I’m wearing the Gown pump by Blue by Betsey Johnson in ivory. They’re tall (about 4″), and not SUPER comfortable (at least for me – I rarely wear heels), but it’s not terrible and they’re SO pretty. I needed some height, too, since the dress is so big.

Post # 53
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@lmorri07: Do you happen to have any other pictures of the dress after it was altered? I was considering doing the same to mine but I’m not sure how the dress will look from the back.

Post # 54
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@lmnop1234:  hi! Here are a couple other pictures from a later fitting. I couldn’t have been happier with how it turned out!

Post # 55
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@lmorri07:  Thank you so much! It looks great!!

Post # 56
8 posts
Newbee

@lmnop1234:  Sorry here is one more from the front – it didn’t come through the first time. I also didn’t use the belt that came with – this one is from Jenny Yoo. It was more to the side on the day of

Post # 57
121 posts
Blushing bee

Here are some direct pictures… I had the back taken into a V

Post # 58
4 posts
Wannabee

@emilyrose114:  

love what you did! Was that a full criNoline? Also, is that the belt it came with?

Post # 59
121 posts
Blushing bee

@Captainkechele:  Thanks! It was 1 step down from the biggest one (I really wanted the biggest one, but it made the bottom of the dress fall weird, so I sacrificed poof for dress integrity) 🙂

It was the original belt! I thought about getting something new but decided against it because of 1- cost and 2- i thought the original was super feminine and a nice subtle touch

Post # 60
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I said yes to 4808!!! Unfortunately no sample to fit me so I had to take a photo in Mori Lee 4524 (the taffeta version!!) Ignore my TERRIBLE collage…..I am doing mismatched bridesmaids dresses and these are 3 of the 5. I deleted the photo of just me in the dress so all i have is this silly thing I maid in paint so I could see it all together. I tried the dress with an aline slip instead of a ball gown slip and I like it more.

Post # 61
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

SO my dress came in about a year ago (wedding is this July) but darn boobs (36I if you can believe it!) still wont fit in the dress even after losing 4″ of bust through vigorous grueling workouts. SO it looks like we’re going to have to have a corset back installed so the thing will hold in my chest. I am so bummed out because I love the back of the dress as it is. Hopefully the corset wont look too weird and we can find a way to incorporate the buttons that doesn’t look ridiculous. 🙁

TIP FOR ANY BRIDE CONSIDERING THIS DRESS: If you are busty, don’t get caught up in the number of the size, just order the size that fits the bust, not the waist. There isn’t much bust room and little movement for maneuvering fabric-wise if you need to increase this part of the dress, but the waist would be easy to take in!

A sad lesson learned by this bee, but at least I don’t have to buy another dress!

Post # 62
17 posts
Newbee

Also, how did y’all bustle this dress? Over? Under? Bubble?

Post # 63
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@YVRTrish:  I was wondering this too! I want a French bustle so bad but I have no ides how that looks with a sheer fabric like this. 

Post # 64
17 posts
Newbee

@KristenLiz11

I found this video, which is great because is shows our dress with the three kinds of bustles! Still don’t know which I will do, but it’s cool to see the options. I am thinking maybe the over bustle.

The topic ‘Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors