(Closed) Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 65
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@YVRTrish:  Thank you for that!!! Now that I see the French bustle I definitely want to go with that! 

Post # 66
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I was thinking it might be cool to do a sort of tiered french bustle with 2 or 3 pick up points going down. I don’t know if there is enough fabric though. I’m also wearing a hoop skirt to get maximum poof, so I may not neet to bustle at all.

Post # 67
2 posts
Wannabee

Hello Ladies,

I am interested in buying this dress, but the only version that I have been able to see of it in person is the 4524 in the satin finish.  I love the 4524 but was really looking for a much softer and flowy-er fabric than satin for my wedding dress; which is why I love the idea of ordering the 4808.  I am just a little wary about ordering a dress that I have not gotten to see in person.

Could someone please tell me their thoughts on this fabric?  Does the dress say what the makeup of the organza is?  Is it a silk/silk blend/polyester?  Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks you!

@Blueyz020:  

@emilyrose114:  

@adavis135:  

@YVRTrish:  

@Footballwife

Post # 68
17 posts
Newbee

@MrsSouthernSmith  I am pretty sure it’s polyester. The fabric is soft and flowy, but would be flowy-er if the organza was a silk blend. But for a dress you wear for one day, I think the poly is totally acceptable as a substitute for the real deal. 

Post # 70
453 posts
Helper bee

@MrsSouthernSmith:  I actually ordered this dress sight unseen. I tried on 4524 and loved it but wanted something more flowey. The store had other dresses in the same organza fabrics so I was able to picture the organza but I didnt actually get to try it on before I ordered it.

Post # 71
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@YVRTrish:  I was having the sme boob problem. I ordered a size 10 because that’s what my bust measured (34D), even though I was an 8 evrywhere else, and it was STILL too tight in the bus – the top of the cups were cuttng in to me in a really unattactive way. We ended up nixing a bra and I lost some weight (only in my boobs apparently) and it fits MUCH better. But you are not alone in the boob problem.

View original reply
@MrsSouthernSmith:  It’s definitely a poly organza, but it’s actually really pretty. Not at all shiny – just matte and soft and flowy. I will say that I’ve seen the dress in ivory and pure white, and IMO the ivory looks a lot better – the stark white just looked a little cheap to my eye, and the ivory isn’t a true ivory- it’s closer to a diamond white than anything.

Post # 70
453 posts
Helper bee

Picking up my dress this saturday!!!! Little nervous. I ordered the dress a little smaller. My chest is proportionatly smaller than the rest of me and ive had so many horrific exeriences with formal dresses and alterations in my chest. I ordered the dress size that best fit my chest, size 14. The hips are the right size and so is the chest…..the only problem is that my wait measurements and the waist measurements for the size 14 dress…..the size 14 is going to be 3 inches smaller in my waist but the right size in my chest and hips. I didnt want to risk having to have the chest altered so im hitting the gym and hopefully with some good spanx ill get it zipped!!

Post # 71
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Can anyone help me here? One of my top contender dresses looks almost exactly like this, but it’ll all tulle. I think it’s Mori Lee–at the bridal shop they said that it was an original of their in-house designer, but I caught a glimpse of the tag and it said Mori Lee. Is there a Mori Lee dress that looks almost exactly like this, but in tulle? If so, I’d love to see pictures of real brides in it, since the shop didn’t allow pictures.

Post # 72
453 posts
Helper bee

My dress is in!! its a little small in the wiast, so we couldnt zip it up all the way so the chest is looking a little big in the photos since its not on correctly. I have a few months so im not worried. The dress seemed quite stiff and didnt move very well but that might have been because the crinolin was packaged up and all wrinkly underneith. Its just perfect though and will look so mucbetter once ive lost some weight and we can zip it all the way. <br /><br /><br /><br />

Post # 73
17 posts
Newbee

In case anyone is wondering, this is what it looks like with a corset back! I had to add it because my bust is just out of control…. lol

Post # 74
453 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
YVRTrish:  I was worried what a corset back would look like on this….but I have to say I dont hate it. I ordered my dress small and naturally my mom freaked out and got nervous that my dress doesnt fit, and the alterations lady said we would do a corest back if it came to worst case scenario and my mom thought that it would look terrible with the pleating….but it doesnt!!! Doesnt throw off the design at all 🙂 Thank you for sharing!!!

Post # 75
17 posts
Newbee

I’m glad it helps @Footballwife! I agonized about what it would look like but after losing weight and my bust inexplicably still getting bigger (?!) it was the only option. In the end, I love it, and I feel way more secure that my chest isn’t going anywhere (36H). I also like the peace of mind that I KNOW it will fit on wedding day no matter what happens between now and then. With a zipper, it either will, or it wont zip. That was just too much pressure for me!

Post # 76
17 posts
Newbee

I am also going to use the buttons that were removed to add a cute detail to the ribbon holding my boquet together! 🙂

Post # 77
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I just wore 4808 on my June 7th wedding – I made a black sash and it was perfect! I obviously don’t have pro pics yet, but here are guest pictures. I had cups sewn in – I could not wear a bra with it – the tops of the cups pushed in to my bust too much – and a hem in the front and a one point over bustle (the loops attached to the bottom-most button on the bodice). Other than that, this is straight out of the box 🙂

<br />I can’t even begin to tell you how many compliments I got on my dress – and it was SO much fun to spin and dance in!

The topic ‘Pics of real brides in Mori Lee Blu 4808’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors