(Closed) **PICS!!**Wedding Gowns $1,500 and Under!!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

View original reply
Cosette5:  I got mine for $1100 + $350 alterations ($150 to have custom hollow to hem since it needed to be taken up about 5″ and then $200 to open the top because that was too small when it came in) and then another $50 to rent the crinolin. It is Allure 8862. However, they threw in a complimentary garter. Keep in mind the back is a photo of it pinned when the seamstress was deciding how it should be bustled during the second (and final) fitting – it has a nice long train.

Post # 48
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My dress was $1200 by Sottero&Midgley. I’m selling it on preownedweddingdresses.com if anyone is interested! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 49
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Mine was $1148, around $1250 with tax. Mori Lee 1862 and I absolutley love it. The Alocone lace is beautiful up close!

Post # 50
107 posts
Blushing bee

Nicole Miller Kimberly – It worked out to about 1300 after tax. 

Post # 51
929 posts
Busy bee

I paid $800 for mine. I even got it in a state with out sales tax on clothing- woot! It was originally $1000, but because the bridal store had it in stock (it came right out of the bag- I was the only person to have it on) I got a 20% off discount. 

Post # 52
706 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Cosette5:  I didn’t wear a gown but my dress was $200! I went to a prom / rental store and bought a dress from them. It’s technically a prom dress they offered in white. It was perfect and because it wasn’t a wedding gown it was a little stretchy so I didn’t need alterations! 

Post # 53
15001 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

$250 from running of the brides + $130 to bring it from a 10 to 2, hem, add cups and add a 13 pt bustle.

Post # 54
1325 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Mount Hermon

View original reply
Cosette5:  Sophia Tolli, Roslin. I think it was listed for $1195, with tax it came to $1300 and some change.

Sorry the pic is sideways, my phone can’t rotate them.

Post # 55
810 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
mggBoyles:  that’s a beautiful dress, what a good idea! I wish there were more wedding gowns with stretchy fabric like that!!

Post # 56
706 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
GrumpytheDwarf:  thank you! I was so happy when I found it lol. I had the same mentality as OP. I didn’t want a huge chunk of my budget spend on my dress. BUT! I am planning on having it altered to be right at the knee and dyed to black so I can wear it again! I’m going to make the bottom part a blanket for my daughter lol. 

It will look like this when I alter it. 

It can be an anniversary dinner dress! Until I’m too fat for it lol 

Post # 57
367 posts
Helper bee

I bought mine from David’s Bridal for $750. 

Post # 58
589 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Alfred Angelo #2314 i paid 1049 for it on sale.

Post # 59
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
Cosette5:  Yes I am!  Full Eucharist and everything! It is a large, beautiful structure and my dress fits perfectly there! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m SO excited!

The topic ‘**PICS!!**Wedding Gowns $1,500 and Under!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors