(Closed) **PICS!!**Wedding Gowns $1,500 and Under!!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 61
199 posts
Blushing bee

Cosette5:  

this is my dress. One of the Belle dresses from alfred angelos disney collection and it was about 1400. Its not very unique but it made me feel like a princess.

Post # 62
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

AprilinTX:  i think your heart is telling you to go back for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 63
2847 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Mine is tea length, but I wanted something that looked 1950s.  It’s an Oleg Cassini from DB.  I bought it off the rack and it did not need any alterations.  I think I paid around $700.

Post # 64
351 posts
Helper bee

I would say this is definately possible. I basically cut out going to David’s bridal because they couldn’t find anything that I liked (even a little bit) within my budget. I went to a local bridal shop and found THE DRESS which I LOOVE within an hour. And there were lots of contenders within my budget

Here is my dress. The Model Pics (from google) show the details better. It has beading that’s not to blingy and actually has swiss polka dot details which is different but somehow works- and is very different

Designer website : http://www.houseofwu.com/

Christina Wu 15469- An A-line gown with V-neckline and zipper closure. This style features an illusion shoulder treatment plunging into embellished lace that trickles down the skirt. Banding detail encircles the empire waist adorned with a beaded motif. Semi Cathedral train.

Unfortunately I dont have any of me standing up in my dress from the front.. but here is a front.

My dress was $600 including minor alterations (5 point bustle, and straps taken in a bit). The store sample fit me perfectly (yay for wedding diets) so I was able to get the dress for 50% off and take it home the same day (local bridal shop) talk about a major win!

Post # 65
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

This is my dream Lazaro dress that I just bought from preowneddresses.com. 

It was posted for $4000 but had been up for a while so I emailed the seller and told her how much I loved it, and offered her $1500 and it worked out! 

I felt the same way that spending thousands on a dress that you wear once is such a waste, but I love everythig princessy and sparkly, so buying a preowned dress was a perfect solution for me!

Post # 66
351 posts
Helper bee

Also I want to add that ANY dress you purchase will have an emotional element to it, and you SHOULD care about it,  because it’s your WEDDING dress, so it should be special to you. And that can be any dress at any price tag.

Is there some reason why you feel this way

“I am one of those brides that simply doesn’t want to invest a large chunk of money into a gown that I 

A) Don’t care much about

B) Probably won’t be that emotionally invested in”

Are you not excited about getting married? I feel like every bride should care about her wedding attire because it’s a special day. Regardless of what they are wearing be it a dress, a suit, something non traditional or offbeat. 

In th end no matter what you decide to wear- you will always look back on it because it’s your wedding day

Post # 67
248 posts
Helper bee

I got my dress at Macy’s for a little over a  $1000, including the veil. Its under the cosmobella line for 2014.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  soon2bhitched.
Post # 68
1733 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Cosette5: my gown cost me 950

Primerose by Maggie settero 

Post # 69
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Mine was just a hair under $1500!

Post # 70
Hostess
2998 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

$500 from preowndedweddingdresses.com

Post # 71
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2019 - Not fully decided

CG4268:  stunning! I thought I was the only christina wu bride for a second! Congrats! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 72
984 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Mine was $1100 + alterations (originally quoted $500 for the changes I want with all the added beading… we’ll see what it ends up being)

Discontinued– Maggie Sottero Mirabella

Post # 73
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

The salon didn’t allow pictures so the first one was a picture my Future Sister-In-Law took being sneaky. 

It was regular 1400 but I was able to snag the dress, cathedral veil, and hair piece all for $900 thanks to a 50% off sale! It’s a private collection. It’s at my grandmothers currently so I can’t look at the label or anything. 

Post # 75
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

$850 from Tradesy!

The topic ‘**PICS!!**Wedding Gowns $1,500 and Under!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors