Post # 1
Hello! We have decided on Blue Nile and my boyfriend has asked me to send him some pictures of settings that I like. I have decided on a platinum solitaire, 4 prong. Ring size 4.5 and I don’t want the diamond to be over 1 carat.
Would it be possible to see some real life pictures of the following solitaire settings with wedding bands? The Blue Nile website isn’t awesome for that and I do want the engagement ring and the wedding band to sit flush or at least very close to flush.
1. Classic: https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-your-own-ring/classic-four-claw-solitaire-ring-platinum_1?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample
2. Petit Solitaire: https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-your-own-ring/petite-solitaire-ring-platinum_19010
3. Petit Nouveau: https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-your-own-ring/petite-nouveau-solitaire-ring-platinum_19008
4. Petit Cathedral: https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-your-own-ring/petite-cathedral-solitaire-ring-platinum_25663?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample
5. Low Dome comfort: https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-your-own-ring/low-dome-comfort-fit-solitaire-platinum-engagement-ring_49885?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample
Thank you so much!
Post # 3
Here is my blue Nile platinum band 2mm comfort fit
And it doesn’t exactly match my ring that dh had custom made ..he did his best all on his own!
I think they look OK together but I don’t love the gap..but I’ll just live ewth it for now
Post # 4
2carat f1 moisinatte in platinum
Post # 5
I have the petit cathedral and my wedding band sits flush. I knew wanted a very thin band, so if that’s your style then I would definitely recommend it.
If you look at the side profile of the petit cathedral, you can see that it has a part under the diamond where a band could potentially slide in. I haven’t tried the other ones on, but it doesn’t look like they have that.
FWIW, I ordered my original wedding band off of Blue Nile and it sat too high on my finger that it wouldn’t sit flush with the e-ring. There is a tiny gap but it drove me nuts. I think it was the “pave diamond ring” style. I ended up ordering a second band from Etsy (a bubble and breathe diamond band) that has a low enough profile so that it sits flush. Hope this helps!
Post # 6
Thank you both! Definitely good to know about Comfort Fit and the Petit Cathedral 🙂
mkbee : I had no idea there were things such as low and high profile wedding bands. Will have to check if that is something they state on their descriptions as we (or at least I) was thinking of getting a pave wedding band off Blue Nile too. Thanks for the tip!
Post # 7
I have the classic solitaire from Blue nile and the pave weddings band, they are almost exactly flush and they’re both lovely, since the wedding I’ve had mine joined together to stop them spinning round and this has worked great!
Post # 9
ktrv927 : love how round your stone looks even with 4 prongs! What setting is that?
rachelmather94 : thank you! I actually thought that the Classic would have a gap between the wedding bang just looking at the blue nile side pictures so this is good to know!
Post # 10
cangal : thanks! it is the petite cathedral, 0.9 carats size 6. The band didn’t come from blue nile (we got it from a local jeweler) but it sits perfectly flush against the engagement ring.