Post # 1
Some non-pro pictures of our 5/17 wedding are up on my flickr account:
The weather was a perfect break (snow the week before, rain the week after, but sun and warmth for our weekend!), and it was just a wonderful, joyous day. We grew up and met in Calgary, where our parents still live. We stayed at the Douglas Fir Resort with our bridal party before the wedding, got married at the Banff Springs (ceremony in the Ivor Petrak room, cocktails in the Riverview Lounge, and dinner/dancing in Mount Stephen Hall), and our guests stayed at the Brewster Mountain Lodge.
These photos are from friends and family. If you view them as a slideshow, click on the photos to see info. You can see some of the DIY elements in them, but not all. I DIY’d:
– all the flowers including bouquets, corsage/bouts, ceremony and reception decor with lots of help from the bridal party
– all stationery and signage – Save-The-Date Cards, invites, programs, table names, etc.
– bathroom baskets
– guestbook (everyone got a little envelope that held a clear acrylic square or circle for them to write on)
– Bridesmaid presents – I made them all different earring/bracelet sets, and personalized notecards
– Out of Town bags
– probably more that I can’t remember right now!
I’d be happy to share info about any of it and reviews of all vendors, so feel free to ask questions!
Post # 3
Just bumping up because they got lost in the shuffle 🙂
Post # 4
Oh my goodness – absolutely amazing!! I LOVE your colors – so rich and whimsical and just… awesome. All the DIY stuff (and everything else) looks beautiful. One question: did the 2-, 3-, 4-line reply cards cut down on the number of clueless people, or did you still get some who added friends/family members who weren’t invited?
Congratulations – you look gorgeous and, more importantly, *so* elated in your pics.
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2008 - A garden wedding followed by a tented reception on Mr. Hummingbird's father's property.
Aw! So pretty and you guys look so happy together!
Plus the picture of you and the little boy cracked me up – what a little sweetie! 🙂
Post # 6
- Wedding: July 2018 - Rainforest wedding, beachfront restaurant reception
You look SO happy Beautiful wedding! Congratulations!!!
Post # 7
Thanks everyone. I was definitely elated and happy, and I’m glad it comes through!
The little boy is actually a true miracle baby, born 3 msonths premature to his amazing parents. Other than a 10 month old baby, he was the only kid at the party, so I think he enjoyed that.
GorgesViola, we didn’t run into any RSVP problems (extra guests, etc.), so I guess you could say the RSVP card variants worked? I think we also just had considerate, wedding-savvy friends who know the rules. Instead, any problems we had with family actually stemmed from our parents – my Dad saying "oh, we should invite cousin so and so because they’re visiting from China" 2 weeks before the wedding, etc.
Post # 8
beautiful wedding. i love your dress!
Post # 9
Your wedding is beautiful. I am thinking of a Banff Springs wedding next fall. How many guests did you have?