(Closed) Pink Sapphire & Diamond or Diamond Wedding Band?

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Pink Sapphire & Diamond Band or Diamond Band?
    Pink Sapphire and Diamond Band : (22 votes)
    49 %
    Diamond Band : (12 votes)
    27 %
    Buy One of Each, Crazy Girl! : (11 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 3
    814 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

i was actually going to get a blue saphire and diamond band(something blue and it’s my birthstone and i love them!) but i couldn’t find one that looked good.. sad.. so i think it a great idea!

Post # 4
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

Hm… I might be biased because I’m really not a pink person, but I feel like you’d get tired of it over the course of a LIFETIME. And I’m super sentimental about my wedding ring… my mom had suggested I get a cheaper one and upgrade later but I’m feeling so much like I want the ring he puts on my finger THAT day to be the ring I wear on my finger every day. But I know not everyone feels that way. 

If you can’t find a plain diamond band that you like from a store, have you thought about getting one made custom to be lower? I’d check around a little more though because I had the opposite problem, I felt like every band I tried on was so flat and not tall enough for my e-ring band! 🙂 

Post # 5
    180 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I have a saphire and diamond wedding band! (And I have very similar engagement ring to you) Well, I will “officially” have it in 5 weeks. It is channel set 2 diamond-1 saphire pattern that goes 3/4 of the way around and I think it is awesome. The nice thing about saphires is that they are alot less expensive than diamonds and I think it gives the ring a look that really makes it stand out on its own. I say go for it!

Post # 7
    180 posts
    Blushing bee

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures right now. My future-in-laws are currently in poession of the rings until the wedding at the end of August. It is similar to this one: http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-eternity-ring_7805?rf=pd except I have 2-diamonds + 1 sapphire pattern repeating. If you are still searching in a few weeks I’d be happy to send you a picture then, once I have the set!

Post # 8
    57 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

My future Mother-In-Law has a blue sapphire and diamond wedding set and it is GORGEOUS – it’s not her original wedding set, I believe they replaced it for some anniversary or other…but they are clearly wedding rings and the colored gems do not take away from the diamonds, only make them even more exquisite!

Post # 11
    673 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Could you get a custom eternity band so that depending on how you spin it it would be alternting sapphires with diamonds or just diamonds alone? So that if you didn’t feel like wearing pink, just spin your ring around to the other side.

Post # 12
    1778 posts
    Buzzing bee

The color will actually make the diamond more sparkly and seem even more colorless.

I attached a pic of my engagement ring.  It is platinum band with a round brilliant diamond and diamonds and sapphires on the side.  The wedding band I ordered is the same pattern of blue diamond blue (similar to your choice) and it was around $1500 in platinum, so yours should be about the same.

The pic not good, its with my old crappy phone, but at least it gives you an idea!

[attachment=1138810,143675]

Post # 13
    460 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

@brittanymichelle:

I am getting a saphire and diamond band… Well 2 of them actually, but my E ring is diamond and saphire.

[attachment=1138861,143680]

Post # 14
    713 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I don’t think you’ll get tired of it. It looks pretty and elegant. And I’m sure you won’t get tired of it. My e-ring has emeralds beside the centre diamond and we’re planning to get a wedding band that has emeralds as well. The ring should suit your personality and if you like pink then go for it!

Post # 15
    1927 posts
    Buzzing bee

I would be concerned about getting tired of it, and then not wanting to wear it all the time, but also not wanting to upgrade or replace the wedding band that I was married with.  My cousin has a very similar ring to yours and she got a diamond wedding band, but on her 5th anniversary her husband bought her a sapphire and diamond band that she wears on top of her engagment ring.  She really wanted sapphire all along but now she has the option to wear all three rings, or just her original wedding set.  Just something to consider.

Post # 16
    923 posts
    Busy bee

I love the idea of colored gemstones! I say go for it, get your pink and diamond wedding band. Here’s something i want you to think about with that: this doesn’t have to be the wedding band you wear for the rest of your life. Later on down the road you might get sick of anything you buy really and then you can go and pick out a different wedding band then. My grandmother has a wedding ring in all of her childrens birthstones and even my birthstone. She’s spend the past 25 years collecting her beautiful rings. So by all means, get what makes you happy. Your ring is such a personal decision, and I think in your heart you know you really want the pink saphire and diamonds. It’s just that it’s unique and being different sometimes is harder then we think.

Go for waht you truly love and want. And remember that there is always another time to buy an all diamond wedding band. Right now with all the costs of the wedding it gets hard to think about spending eve more money. But years from now when the wedding is long over and paid for, you’ll have extra money and can get something else to try. I also think that once you try on a pink saphire and diamond wedding band you’ll fall in love with it.

The topic ‘Pink Sapphire & Diamond or Diamond Wedding Band?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors