- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
I’m such a big kid. Last year I had a circus themed birthday party for my champaign birthday – I turned 25 on the 25th. I had so much fun planning the theme, that I’m doing it againt his year…and the theme is pirates! 🙂 I’ve told a few friends and they’re totally excited about it. I’ve looked at pinterest for ideas, but I was coming here hoping to see if you creative ladies had some more!!
So far I’ve got the following ideas:
- I’m renting a cake pan in the shape of a pirate ship. My friend and I are going to try our first fondant experiment on this cake. I’m also renting some pirate shaped cookie cutters
- I’m going to look for those gold coins and throw them into my wedding card box that looks like treasure chest. Maybe some of those mardi gras style beads too.
- I bought some pirate invites, a tablecloth, napkins, plates and balloons for decor.
- I found a cutout of a pirate, where you stick your face into it. I’m hoping to take a picture of each guest sticking their head in.
- I found some wall decor for a kids room that I can stick on the walls of where most of the guests will be.
- We have an old sandbox the previous homeowners left so I was going to bury some “treasures” in there for the kids to dig through and find.
So far, that’s it! If anyone has some ideas, about food, decor, games, etc. that would be so fantastic!