– I want to spend a couple weeks bussing through the Yuckatan peninsula, Belize, and Costa Rica. Saying in thatch roofed huts on the beach, scuba diving the reef, discovering lazy towns with friendly locals, drinking beers, hiking in the jungle.
– I desperately want to spend three weeks in Europe in the following ways. 1 week spent hiking from hut to hut in the Alps in Austria followed by 1 week bike from Austria to Prauge followed by one week of relaxation on the beach in Croatia.
– New Zealand! I wast to LIVE there dude. I just have this FEELING that it’s the place for me.
– Indonesia. A book I was reading lately was talking about the crazy bio-diversity there and I want to see it!
– This little island in micronesia I was reading about. I forget what it was called…dang it!
– Volcano national park in Hawaii.
– The maritimes in eastern Canada. I want to visit friends and have parties in their kitchens, feast on lobster, have a clam bake, and go to local bars. A friend was telling me a story from when he was hanging out in a bar in Halifax. He’d been chatting with a man at the bar for a while when all of a sudden he said (in a thick maritime accent), “These spoons have been burning a hole in my pants all night!” He then proceeded to pull out a set of spoon and begin to play them. Within moment somenone joined in with a fiddle and the whole place was jumping.
– Northern Canada. I’d really like to go to one of the music festivals they have during the summer when there is no darkness at night time. Also, northern lights. Although of course you can’t see those in summer…
– The deep south. I want to try all the food they talk about down there – sweet tea, grits, biscuits and gravy. And meet some friendly southern hospitality types who have cool accents. And go to some sort of party held on a farm as described in country songs (“when the house get’s full we’ll sleep in the hay – we’re from the country and we like it that way”)
– Texas A&M. I had a teacher who did his PhD at Texas A&M and he’d entertain us with stories about what CRAZY footballs fans they are. I really want to go there one time and do a tail gate and a football game and get the whole Aggie experience.
– Patagonia. On a clear sunny day, please!
And also…everywhere. I’m guetting exhaused just thinking about it and I’ve hardly scratched the surface.
Now if only I could make some of this REALITY…