Post # 1
So I am also a Maid/Matron of Honor for my girl getting married in August. We’re having the shower and bachelorette in June up in Boston. She’s a party girl, loves to dance, down for anything! Basically, a ton of fun! Here’s the plan so far– let me know what you think!
- Get a hotel downtown Boston, walking distance to everything, no one has to drive!
- Martinis and heavy hor d’ouvres in the hotel room as we get ready (I also made goodie bags for all the girls which I’ll give them in the room)
- After we’re a little loose from some ‘tinis in the room, we’ll head over to Gypsy Rose for a pole dance lesson 🙂
- We then head to the Liquor Store (it’s a bar) where there have a mechanical bull and poles.. this is the bachelorette hot spot and just a place where girls can be silly and dance! Did I mention it’s cow girl themed and we’ll be dressed in cute cow girl attire to ride the bull! 🙂
- After hours of dancing, bull riding, and drinking we’ll go back to the hotel for a little after party/slumber party!
Sound like a party you’d like to go to or have??
Post # 3
Sounds like a lot of fun!
Just a suggestion though, you may want to think about having a full dinner so the girls have some more food in their stomachs before going out to drink!
Post # 4
We’re gonna start at like 7 or 8 so I was assuming ppl would have dinner already and I was thinking like HEAVY hor’ douvres but GOOD CALL!– maybe we’ll have some pizza in the room after we go out too! Nothing like pizza to chow down on after drinking and dancing 🙂
Post # 5
I agree with a little more food– but other than that sounds great! You just don’t want anyone puking on the bull ya know 🙂
Post # 6
Have some food at the room for afterwards–keep some gatorade, chips, crackers, etc in the hotel room for hangover food! Seriously, people are gonna have the munchies at 3am….and are gonna need something at 7am =]. Sounds like a party though!
Post # 8
- Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School
I went to a bachelorette in Boston last August and LITERALLY did your exact itinerary! The strip dance class at Gypsy Rose was an absolute blast (it helped that we did shots before hand!) and Liquor Store was super-fun too! I think it will be an awesome weekend 🙂
Post # 9
Even if you just have a lot of heavy snacks in the room, pretzels are always great before drinking. I like the idea of having pizzas to be delivered for when you get back. Also, think about the morning after!
Post # 10
We always order pizza to the hotel room late that night when we do an outing like this 🙂 You are totally right, nothing is better when you’ve had a few!
I think your plan sounds like a blast! Good job 🙂
Post # 11
a little tip from someone who attended a pole dance bachelorette:
You will want to wear pants that cover your legs and even a three-quarters sleeve shirt or short sleeved one. You will not want to wear these same clothes out and you will want to go back to the hotel room to freshen up after all of the drinking before and during the pole class.
We met at the restaurant for apps and drinks and then headed over to the hotel room to change for the class. After the class we had pizza delivered to the room for while we were getting ready to go out. This was previously set up to arrive about 5 min after our estimated return.
*if you are bringing liquor to the pole dancing class I would bring something easy to take a shot of. You DO NOT want all of that liquid swishing around while you’re spinning and throwing yourself around a pole. We brought Limoncello for this reason.
Post # 12
- Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden
sounds awesome – great job!
Post # 13
That sounds fun and very fitting for your friend! I have to ask though, what’s going in the goody bags?
Post # 14
I wanna come! LOL!! Sounds like SO much fun!! Good job, you are an awesome MOH!! =)
Oh and I think that heavy appetizers before will be perfect. My friends never want to eat that much before going out, but are ready to chow down afterwards. Pizza’s are the best!
Post # 16
More food is probably a good idea, as is stocking the room with alka seltzer. Mostly, this sounds awesome, though! I want to come!