(Closed) Planning a honeymoon in August & need help!

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

@mickeees: Not for my honeymoon, but I always go to Mexico in august/early sep. thats when its the cheapest.  Ive never had any issues.  The yucatan is probably the cheapest area and I would say 85% of hotels are all inclusive.

Post # 6
5423 posts
Bee Keeper

@mickeees: The yucatan  RARELY gets hit with a hurricane when it did I wasnt there lol.  So its more miss than hit.  I think in the past 15 years or so it has been three times.  I remember the 2 times it was right after I was there.

It depends on what your looking for.  More city style like cancun or more confined to the resort like riviera maya?

Post # 8
5423 posts
Bee Keeper

@mickeees: omg there are tons and tons and tons to do, water sports, clubs, ruins, cave diving, ziplining, etc. i personally never had any saefty issues.  Spanish is my first language so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. 

You can stay in cancun and be away from downtown a few and still be able to explore without dealing with crowds since your hotel wont be too far.  You can take the public bus that runs up and down the main road. its like $2.  playa del carmen is similar but not as busy, maybe more busy now its been a while since ive been there.  if you stay further south you really wont be able to leave the resort unless its a tour or something

Post # 9
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Wait until the end of August when school is back in session.  I know you’d have to wait a few weeks after your wedding for your honeymoon but you’d save a ton of money and avoid all these crowds.  My good friends went to Padre the week after school let out–they had a blast!  They went to a much nicer place than what they could usually afford and they went to Schlitterbahn–they had no lines and it was apparently amazing.

Post # 10
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ummm…

(1) The Yucatan is always getting hit with hurricanes if they go through the gulf. The only thing is that there haven’t been any real hurricanes to go through the area in like 3-4 years. 

(2) Mexico is really hot. And this is coming from a native South Florida person. If you want to do anything that involves not sitting on the beach, expect to be really hot and sweaty and need lots of water.

(3) there is plenty to do there, and lots of all inclusive resorts. 🙂

The topic ‘Planning a honeymoon in August & need help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors