(Closed) Planning a wedding in charlotte on a $10,000 budget

posted 8 years ago in Charlotte
Post # 3
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Look at places that are out of the ordinary. Museums, restaurants, etc., I always tell everyone to do an EXTENSIVE search on Eventective, which is basically a website that will list almost every possible venue where you’re located.

http://www.eventective.com/USA/North+Carolina/Charlotte/

P.S. Try local community centers too!!!

HTH!!!

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Check out riverrun cc in davidson, nc (riverruncc.com), on Fridays and Sundays there are no minimums, the ceremony and reception can be held there. Do an ipod dock instead of a DJ. Egcouture.com in Matthews has great sample gowns to use.

Post # 5
348 posts
Helper bee

I’d be looking at parks.  Latta plantation has a $500 fee.  Beaver Dam in Davidson is reasonable too.  You’ll have to bring in rentals, but I think you could easily still keep it under $10,000.  Wedding planning makes me wish I still lived in Charlotte, where we could probaly affod things like a caterer!

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am having my reception at The Blake Hotel in uptown Charlotte.  They were by far THE most reasonably priced – you just have to hit a $3k minimum with food and beverage, not including sales tax and service charges.  We are doing 2 entree choices, 2 side dishes, dessert, rolls, coffee and tea for 150 ish guests for less than 4k.  And they aren’t charging us a cake cutting fee. 

The hotel was undergoing renovations when I booked, so that may have contributed to the cost – I’ll see how things go in 2 weeks when we actually have the reception!

Post # 8
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I started out with a 10K budget for my beach wedding at nags head –  and even with doing so much our selves and having a freind do the catering we had to bump it up to 15k and f I did not do some of the things I listed here I would have gone over the 15K — now I might even go under!!   I couldn’t imagain doing one in Charlotte for 10K — everything there is so EXPENSIVE from what I can remember; from living there. I can find better deals here in NYC belive it or not.  Here are some of the ways I am attempting to keep the cost down:  making my own bouquets,corsages, bouts,etc;  ipod dock- no DJ; skiping the video and having friends and family capture what they can and have it edited later on;  we chose a shoot and digital file only package for photography (that way we can get the album and prints done after we recoup at a discount photo shop);  Friends are doing most of the catering; I am having 3 cake tier made and mom and I will stack them and add flowers to decorate it;   No place cards; — the ceremony flowers will double as the reception centerpieces.  Beer wine and a signature drink in stead of a full bar; Skiped the elaborate invites and did a single page invite with a link to our wedding website which had all of the wedding details on it an include a page to RSVP, suggest music, and contact us (WEDDINGWIRE.COM – AND ITS FREE – The messages came directly to an email address which we set up SPECIFICALLY for the wedding.)  If friends ask if they can help — tell them yes and give them a job. 

Post # 9
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My friend had her wedding at the New Museum of the South. She did a lot of the things herself, or got discounts from family friends, and it was about 20K.

How many guests are you having? I recommend doing a lunch reception instead (way cheaper), doing things like flowers yourself. 

Good luck!

The topic ‘Planning a wedding in charlotte on a $10,000 budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors