(Closed) Please do this one thing before you buy your $1500 engagement ring..

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Are you wearing the ring in your picture?

I would personally probably give up and buy another.

I’m so sorry this happened to you, but maybe this is a great way for your Fiance to go ring shopping alone and surprise you with it !

Post # 5
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Do you have home/condo/tenant’s insurance? The ring should be covered under there. Do you live with your parents? Do they have insurance? If so the ring should be covered under their insurance.

I’m a claim’s adjuster and there is coverage for jewellery on nearly every personal lines policy but there’s usually a limit and a deductible.

Post # 6
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Oh no! If you do decide to look, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. And keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Post # 9
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Ok I am glad you are not going to file a police report and lie, even so I do not think JBR would give you a ring based on that. I would rent a MD but if there is any type of current, it could drift, I am sorry, not trying be a barer of bad news. My question is, was it sized ok? Honestly, your ring should not fall off that easily. Getting it insured, which you do not have to go through the jewlery store to do so as we insured mine after appraisal and such is definetly a must. I am so sorry this happened, but next time you are hiking or any water sports, it is ok to leave the ring at home. πŸ™‚ We hike and camp all the time and honestly I do not wear my rings for either just to be safe. Good luck, I hope you find it!

Post # 11
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

They told you to file a false report? Hmm, my hubs is a cop and a false report could land you into bigger trouble. Um, sorry I knew you did not have the ring, just reinterating the insurance thing as a must. Did not grab from your OP that your Fiance was dying in any way, just saying a lesson learned. Sorry!

Post # 13
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would post signs around town, on CraigsList, anywhere you can – someone might find it!

Post # 15
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Well at this point, you don’t have much to lose.. if you offer a reward, hopefully someone will find it and return it to you. But I understand you’d be nervous about it. Maybe go look yourself with a MD and THEN post it?

The topic ‘Please do this one thing before you buy your $1500 engagement ring..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors