- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
I have had problems with my fiance’s family since the day we announced we were getting married. Now as we draw closer, only a month away we are doing our invites. (Yes I understand a tad late, but my mom insisted everyone would loose their invites and forget if I didn’t wait til the month before.)
All through planning his parents have been a pain in the butt. Whatever we had planned wasn’t what they wanted. They wanted to invite everyone they have ever met. Which would be fine if they had thought to chip in even a little bit. But they won’t chip in at all. This has caused a lot of strife seeing as we are having an extremely small wedding. If it wasn’t for my fiance I would have eloped in Hawaii, but for my fiance and his familes sake we are having a wedding. Now we are trying to send invites, but his parents will not get us addresses. My husband works all day and I have no clue about who his family wants to invite. So we expected that since his family felt it was so important they would get these addresses together. His mom doesn’t work and his dad gets off at 1 pm.
I have had so much stress I’m to the point I don’t care if these people come or not, but I know I will be the one to hear all the crap if they don’t get invites. His parents were supposed to get the address months ago, and now that we need them they don’t have them. They told us to go look in the phone book or internet. And not a personal phone book the city phone book. My fiance even asked if they could get their numbers and we will call them and they still are saying look in the city wide phone book.
I really don’t know what to do. I’m stressed enough, and I want to wipe my hands of the situation, but I realize my fiance will be the one who is hurt. Which his parents don’t realize. They think they are hurting me, but its him who they are hurting, and I refuse to look up people in the phone book I barely know, and hope its the right address. Not to mention about 50 percent of the list was of people I don’t even know.
Any suggestions? I have no clue what to do. I don’t want to just say screw it, and send mine and leave his family out