(Closed) Please help, confused… What should I do? or What did I do?

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
Member
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ack. The thing I thought of immediately is what if he can’t get refunds? If it were my I just wouldn’t have said anything. I would now just let him take the lead–if he switches the destination, great. If not, don’t question it. He may not be able to change certain things at this point. 

I hope you have a nice time wherever you end up!

Post # 4
Member
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I would’ve let him just go with it and not said a thing. Guys usually want the proposal to be perfect… and I’m sure he wouldn’t have spent the money on it if he didn’t have it. Perhaps he got some really good deals! 

You’re only getting engaged right now – the wedding will be soon, but I’m sure you can space it out enough to save up for it in time. 

I would just apologize to him and go with the flow. Talk after he proposes to figure out finanses. I’m sure if he loves you enough to plan an elaborate proposal, you didn’t ruin your relationship entirely. He’s probably feeling bummed out now, and maybe a little stressed on whether or not he wants to continue to propose on the trip. (or wait till after when you’re not expecting it). 

Good luck though! Have fun on the trip! Let us know what happens!

Post # 6
Member
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@DaisyCakes: Aww yey! I’m glad! Have a great trip!

Post # 8
Member
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I wouldn’t have said anything.

Post # 9
Member
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Eek . bad move but glad it worked out well for you

The topic ‘Please help, confused… What should I do? or What did I do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors