(Closed) Please Help – Dress Color Dilemma!! Watters & Watters

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I didn’t purchase that dress, but I tried on a lot of dresses in both white and ivory before ordering mine from a picture in a catalogue without having seen it in person. Personally I always preferred ivory and I don’t think any of the ones I tried on looked yellow. I’m fairly light skinned and ivory just looks better on me, I’ve heard that if you’re darker skinned, white looks more flattering. I think that what they mean by buttery is more like warmer. White feels cold, ivory has more depth and warmth in the color. I wouldn’t worry about it looking yellow because designers know they are making wedding dresses, and your whites, diamond whites and ivories are very similar from designer to designer. If you’ve tried ivory and white and prefer ivory, then that’s what I would go for. I didn’t see the exact shade of ivory before I ordered my dress and it’s perfect. And anyway, in pictures, it still reads as “white”, it’s just a more flattering shade of white. Good luck!

Post # 4
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i bought two watters (one wtoo) dresses in ivory.  the watters lasara ivory was much darker than the wtoo sorella ivory dress.  both were very pretty color and did not look yellow at all. 

I think you should go with ivory if you have light skin.  it’s more flattering.  i love the look of a white dress but i wan’t sure if i was going to tan before my wedding so i went with ivory to be safe.

Post # 5
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

My dress is WTOO Maria in ivory, and it is a very white ivory.  I actually would have preferred a little more buttery color (which I don’t think of as yellow but I don’t know a better way to describe it…).  BUT, it definitely depends on the actual dress, not just the designer.  Is there any way you can see the ivory dress in person anywhere?  Another store maybe?  

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am trying to decide on a white or ivory lasara by watters, but have only seen an ivory one. Does anyone have a picture of it in all white? Also does anyone know where I could find a used lasra size 4, 6, or 8?

The topic ‘Please Help – Dress Color Dilemma!! Watters & Watters’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors