(Closed) Please help! How to give your bank details to new employer?

posted 5 years ago in Career
Post # 3
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@andromeda1087:  If you go into your bank, they will print you a form with your checking account and routing number. You can give them that. Not sure if they can print the tax ID? Ask. If not just neatly write it on the printed page. 

Post # 4
1797 posts
Buzzing bee

Everywhere I’ve worked gives a form from their company to fill out all of the necessary information. SO’s jobs have all been the same way as well! 

Post # 5
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

A void cheque should work just fine.

Post # 7
63 posts
Worker bee

You should ask your new employer. Most of the time they have their own form for you to fill out. Some companies just ask to bring a void personal check (you write “VOID” on your check) because your check should have the bank name, your name, address, account number, and the routing number. That’s all your company needs.

Post # 8
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Agree with above posts.  If you are in the US your tax ID is your Social Security number, usually only businesses and I think some non-US citizens who are legally allowed to work have tax IDs, but I am by no means an expert!

I’ve had maybe 7 jobs in 18 years and it was always a form.  I keep a check in my wallet “just in case” so I get the numbers there, but if you don’t have checks (I know some people who don’t) your bank can give you this info. I can get mine from their website when logged in, though I have to click a little sidebar “show account info” type link. Which is what I do at tax time for the refund info since I’m already online anyhow and not near my wallet and my poor check book gets no love… it languishes in our other room as I only use it for bulk discount bus passes :).

Don’t stress!  Even if you have to ask your employer how they want it just shows you haven’t had a million jobs :).  Good luck!

Post # 9
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

wait… why?!  The most I’ve ever had to do is give them a void check (so they have the account number and routing number for direct deposit…)  why do they want your info?

Post # 11
82 posts
Worker bee

Others are correct in that they should have forms or may ask for a check (voided for direct deposit). For the San if this is in the us you will need 1-2 forms of id for the w2 form single id is passport otherwise like drivers license and social security card is good. They will probably just make a copy for their IRS forms and worker documentation.


Best of luck

The topic ‘Please help! How to give your bank details to new employer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors