- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
I know it sounds crazy, but I don’t have anybody to talk about it… so I have decided to post here. I am horrible woman!!!
In short, I hate the e-ring my fiance gave me 4 years ago still. (He gave me as a surprise.)
My e-ring is 4-prong 0.5 ct diamond high setting solitaire with 14K white gold.
The reason I hate is,
1. I HATE high setting. I told him that I hate high setting before he bought the e-ring, but he still got extremely high setting, and the high setting was even worse than worst I imagined before.
2. I hate 4-prong!! I love 6-prong low setting.
3. I never had positive comment about the e-ring.
My mom “Oh, isn’t it too high setting? Why don’t you ask him to change it to another one. You should get more modern design. You can’t wear that. But it is OK as long as you are happy with it.”
My older sister “It’s too high setting! Reset it right away! Anyway, isn’t it platinum band!? I don’t understand. He does not have common sense!”
My aunt “It’s high setting.”
My friend “Oh, it’s… high setting…” “Oh, you got engagement ring…”
Local jeweler “This is… um… unique setting.” “It is the type of ring got poplular decades ago.”
4. He chose it with his mother. (Thougn I love his mother a lot and I appreciate that she helped him out… but you know, I feel a little wierd.) Also, I don’t understand that mom going together and ended up picking strange design. Her sense is not that bad I think.
5. Ring size was too huge. My size was 4 but he got a ring with size 7, so I had to pay extra $50 for resizing ring because he gave it to me when I was in different country.
6. Level of 4C is not great, but I love the diamond itself pretty much. I’m satisfied with half carat size, too.
However, I have never said that I hate the e-ring to my husband because of following reason:
1. He was a law student at that time. I knew that he could not afford for e-ring, but still he prepared for the diamond ring and big wonderful engagement party with professional musician and MC etc. So I cried a lot. The ring has sentimental value.
2. Engagement surprise had been one of his dream, so I didn’t want to hurt him by complaining about the ring.
3. He sometimes says that he wanted to buy a better ring with bigger diamond for me. I understand he did everything what he could do at the time.
4. He said he purchased the high setting one because he thought it was more beautiful and shining than the design I asked him to get in advance.
5. Once I went to local jewerly shop for resizing and also asked for resetting, but he kindly rejected it, and told me not to change it.
So, my strange shaped e-ring has a lot of memory inside, so I love it.
BUT!!!! I don’t want to wear it because its strange shape!!!
I don’t know what I should do.
My dream has been wearing e-ring with wedding band happily everyday. (We haven’s purchased wedding band yet though)
Do you think I should reset the ring (I asked my husband, “Since it is too high setting, it scratch other things sometimes, but would you mind it? ” and he said there’s no problem resetting the ring, but maybe he’s not gonna pay for it, so it”ll cost a lot)?
Or, should I keep the ring in closet and forget about it, and ask him to get the ring I like in different occasion such as anniversary or birthday?
I purchased CZ ring myself to relieve my unsatisfaction, but I wasn’t happy maybe because it doesn’t have any love inside. So I returned it.
Thank you for reading a looooooong post.
I know I am crazy and too picky… I am not that materialistic usually, but when it comes to e-ring, I’m picky…
Give me some comment if you have some ideas!! Thanks!!