Post # 1
Bees please help me. I just found out I am 3 weeks pregnant and my wedding is in 9 months! What do I do? Do I cancel the wedding? I have already paid for everything! Photographer, dj, dresses, invites, venue, caterer, and florist! I dont want to run the risk of going into labor the day before the wedding or anything. I am so confused and have no idea what to do. This was totally unexpected 🙁
Post # 3
Oh wow! First off, congrats! Secondly, relax the best you can do. Is it possible to have an elective c-section? I don’t normally suggest that but maybe you could plan for that (36 weeks, I believe is term). Another option is to call your vendors and see about pushing it back a month?
Post # 4
Maybe I’m doing the math wrong, or is your wedding actually not in February? I feel like the numbers aren’t lining up…
Post # 5
Aside from the numbers, though. Breathe. Congratulations! You’re starting a family with the man you love and are going to marry. 🙂
Post # 6
CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🙂 how exciting!
it looks like your wedding is 6 months away….is it not in February? Is there anyway you can move the date up or push it back?
Post # 7
Oops. I see the change of date now. Now I’m understanding your panic a bit more.
Have you told your FI?
Post # 8
I think you definitely have time to reschedule. Decide if you don’t mind moving it up (and planning while pregnant) or pushing it back till after the baby is born.
I’m sure you can negotiate with vendors since it’s 9 mos away. Perhaps see if you can move it up and if not then they can probably reschedule for 4-5 mos after you’re due.
Post # 9
I agree that vendors will absolutely be willing to work with you to move everything. If it were me I personally would want to move the wedding up because I would feel more comfortable being married before I had the child, and because I think it’s easier to plan a wedding when pregnant than when you have a newborn. But look at your options and decide what would be best for you and your fiance, and then see what your vendors can do for you. Obviously you will have to be a little flexible, but it’s definitely possible. Congratulations!!
Post # 10
The C-Section option does not make a lot of sense, even if your doctor would let you schedule an unecessary c section you would need a few weeks to recover and who wants to have a wedding when they have a newborn?
Start with your venue/caterer to ask about other dates they have available. Your florist/DJ/Photographer are probably more flexible than your venue.
Post # 11
I would reschedule. Also, just to let you know, my sister was 8 months pregnant when she got married. You couldn’t tell she was pregnant in the wedding photos.
I would move it up if you can?
Post # 12
Most people probably will not like what I will write now, but this is honestly what I would do in your position.
I would cancel the big wedding and lose the money for deposits. I would get myself a nice, formal white dress and get married at the JOP, then go for dinner, with my closest family and friends.
I would be very upset to have to postpone my marriage to the man that I love, and planning a big wedding when you have a newborn is going to be very difficult. I can hardly imagine that you could move UP the big wedding…
So I would move up the wedding, but just have a very simple affair, and all the money spared, I would use for my baby. That way I would be married to my man and avoid struggling with time and money in the first year of my child’s life.
Post # 13
fisrt off, CONGRATS!!!
Secondly, 36 weeks may be “term” but that doesn’t mean the baby would be healthy. I should know: my daughter was 36 weeks and was in the NICU (neonatal icu) for a week. so I’d advice NOT going that route. not ALL babies have that problem, but, who wants to run the risk???
As for what to do? Decide if you want to be married BEFORE baby is born or AFTER. Then talk to venders accordingly. Remember: you’ll need at least a week to be able to walk around good and you’re not going to want to do much for at least 2 weeks. (my sil had a natural birth, I had c-sections…) No sex for 6 weeks.
I’m sure the venders would be willing to work with you accordingly. don’t panic, and ENJOY it!!!! being pregnant is a GREAT gift and stressing won’t help you or the little one.
eta: also a good idea: nixing big wedding and saving it for baby. or you could have a small ceremony and an informal party celebrating the marriage later. which could double as the announcement for baby…. either way, good luck and enjoy this new step in your life!!!!
Post # 14
If it were me, I’d bump the wedding up. Just explain to your vendors that something has come up and you need to move the wedding date closer. There may be a few fees, but oh well. I don’t think having a wedding at 9 months pregnant will be fun. Also, having a wedding right around/after the baby… eh eh. New moms don’t sleep!!
Move the date up.
Post # 15
Thanks girls. You made me feel alot better!!! I am going to contact my vendors to see if I can bump the date up to maybe 6 months from now or so.
Post # 16
@sexisammy4u: I agree that bumping up the wedding is probably your best option. Someone close to me did this and things worked out fabulously. She did scale down the wedding significantly so that she could save for the little one, however.