- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Okay, we need MAJOR help here! My fiance and I are stressed and lost on a venue. i think the problem is, we dont know exactly what we want and we want too many things.
1. we want to be on or near the water (this is a strong want, def. not a need)
2. most guests are coming from far away and my fiance wants to show them where we are from (philadelphia) so he wants it around here while i would love a beach wedding, thats why we just gave up and said by the water would be awesome.
3. we want some substance, we want a nice view for our guests to look at.
4. we NEED an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour with indoor (or tented) reception and a back up plan if it rains.
5. we want it to sit back a little bit so its not right on the road, we were so shocked at how many venues are like this!
6. we are on a tighter budget since we are trying to pay for most of this on our own. i guess thats something i should tell you? haha
am i too picky?!? i feel like if i were to pick something now i would be ‘settling’ and i dont want that for our wedding day, right?!
i think why we are so stressed is because we want to get married September/October 2014 and apparently that is the hot time to get married!
we have seen Cairnwood and didnt like the set up of different rooms, we would prefer everyone to be together and not have to feel awkward going room to room to talk to others. we did LOVE the option of catering and how opened the outside was!
we appreciate ANY and ALL suggestions. i just feel like i am at a dead end since i have looked at so many venues (i feel like i have seen everything) and nothing is really striking us (other than Morris Arboretum which we are still waiting to hear back about prices and to do a tour).
really we appreciate any input looking so forward to hearing what you guys have to say!!