- 3 years ago
I’m currently a college student writing a sociology paper on the practice of wedding tourism. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to answer a few questions for me about your idea of elopement. Please don’t feel obligated to answer all of these questions (I know it’s a lot) but whichever you feel the strongest about. Some of my questions are:
1) Why did you and your fiancé decide to elope? I.e. was it for love, finances, escape from family, etc…
2) How do you think eloping affected your perception of your wedding day? (I’m particularly interested in how it may have affected your interaction or relationship with your fiancé)
3) How do you think that eloping helped symbolize your romance? In other words, do you think that going away gave you a unique outlook on your romance compared to those who have more traditional weddings?
4) Did you feel as though you needed to behave “like a bride” even while you eloped? And if so, what does it mean to behave like a bride to you?
5) Did you continue straight into the honeymoon after your elopement or did you return home first?
6) In that vein, how did you feel that being away transformed your experience of marriage?
7) Do you feel as though your honeymoon differed from those who had traditional weddings? If so, how?
I’m particularly interested in your responses to questions 1, 3 and 4. If you’re kind enough to answer some of these at all feel free to answer which ever you like, but I would really appreciate if you could focus on those ones! Thank you so much!!
If you have any questions for me please let me know!!