(Closed) Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
3942 posts
Honey bee

@Aubergold: I worry about this too, and our wedding will be even smaller than yours!

I have been to huge weddings which were super boring, and small weddings which were super fun. As long as you are having fun, your guests will have a great time, regardless of the amount of people!

Post # 4
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Your wedding will still be a party even if youre having less people than you thought!! I’m sure with an open bar and good music it will keep them on the floor all night. Plus, i don’t think it matters how many people you have there, and 90-100 people is A LOT of people! I’m only having around 40 for my destination wedding and I know my family and friends will be dancing all night! Good Luck!

Post # 4
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Fiance is right. You are going to have a blast! Everyone will be so excited for you, you’re going to look ridiculously amazing and that right there is a party in itself! If it makes you feel better, make sure the bridal party gets people up and dancing! One thing that might be a good mixer is the have the DJ or BandMaster have every guy ask a girl he didn’t bring to dance (or vice versa!) That’s a good way for the two sides to mesh and it’s usually a barrel of laughs.

Good Luck!!

Post # 5
5983 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

we had a 60 person wedding on a sunday afternoon with a cash bar and everyone had a blast. I was pretty worried it would be boring but we just could not justify spending money on things that dont matter to us (e.g. alcohol…we really dont drink and did not drink on our wedding day even) People danced literally all night. It was a blast! Its all about the people on your guest list not how many people! I am sure your wedding will be the party you want!

Post # 6
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

It is all about the people you have there and not the amount of people. If they are people that love you and care about you, then you will have the best, most fun wedding you always wanted. You and your Fiance will make it fun and you do not need 200 people to do it.

Post # 7
10285 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

We’re inviting 83 people but HOPING that only 70 or so actually show. The less people you have, the more time you’ll get to actually spend with your guests. 

We both come from small families so the 83 people is literally everyone who we wanted and needed to invite. Honestly, I think I would have a nervous breakdown if I had a 200+ person guest list. 

I’ve been to a number of smaller weddings (less than 100 ppl) and they were absolutely perfect. 

Post # 8
2783 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Fiance and I had similar reservations, but he made a great point: because our guest list got so small everyone will know one another, and therefore will feel WAY more comfortable “cutting loose”….it might end up being a better party!

Post # 9
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It will be AWESOME!!!  I had far fewer people than that, and it was perfect.  I got to speak and hug everyone who came, and we tore that dance floor up.  The pictures all show everyone smiling and having a good time and the dance floor is jumping!  I might have had 55 people.

Post # 11
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

At the end of the day all of your family and friends will be there. You know your cowd better than we do. Are your friends the type to get out on the dance floor.. if yes then I wouldnt worry about it we are having 112 at our wedding so not much bigger than yours. I think that It will be a blast. Its still a good amount of people.. More than any raging house party lol. And if the night gets off to a slow start its you, your Fiance and the bridal party that need to set the tone for the night. You all get your butts on the dance floor, and it will encourage others to do the same 🙂 Dont worry it will be a blast.

Post # 12
5837 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

We had 102 people (including us) and our party was so much fun! The dance floor was PACKED for two hours. Its more about the personality of your crowd than the sheer size of it.

Post # 13
10363 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

???

That’s still a lot of people. All those fun house parties you’ve gone to with 25 people? Way fewer than 100. It’ll be fun.

Our wedding was 69 people (including us and the photographer) and it was epic.

Post # 14
1679 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m sort of in the same boat…what will 80 people look like in a venue that can hold 150 or more? 

The topic ‘Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors